posting attatchments

marcus

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO display an image, you have to put a complete address between image tags in the text of your post.

i] . I believe there can be no spaces before and after the address, but that may not matter.

Medium compression of a jpg file with photoshop results in a very viewable image for the web, and I think 600 x 800 will fit just fine. It will also fit the browser window unless somebody has some extremely narrow screen settings (try it to confirm the file size).

Then you have to post it to a website somewhere so that it has a URL. If you want to put it in the photo gallery here, you may want to submit a slightly larger image than medium compression 600 x 800, but if you do and if the large size image as viewed in the photo gallery takes up an entire screen or more, it is more considerate to link the medium sized image from the photo gallery so that the thread remains readable without scrolling right and left. TO use an image from the photo gallery for viewing in a post, you will have to right click the photo as viewed in that gallery to get the actual URL for the photo iteself, rather than that for a page which loads the photo with all the photo gallery navigation and etc. appearing (if you just copy the address while viewing a picture in the gallery, it won't work).

I hope it gets easier after the upgrade--this is what I get if I try to use the image tag tool. tongue.gif3458.jpeg

That is because the system only recognizes the .jpg extension and not the .jpeg extension...even though the files are the same. If you rename it to image.jpg (instead of image.jpeg) it will work.