[TR] Mt. Erie - Powerline wall 1/23/2011

Vernman23

Trip: Mt. Erie - Powerline wall

Date: 1/23/2011

Trip Report:

Got out to Mt. Erie yesterday was a little damp and mossy, normally want a full day to dry things out but had to get out climbing. It was 50 and but felt warm and climbing was no problem. Just thought i would give an update.

Approach Notes:

Drive to top walk down

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have the quads right now should be out there some time next week so i can get them...the easiest way is to go to the top park walk down the road about 300' or so...there is a small parking area here about 3 cars can fit (you can also park here) follow the trails south and west down the mountain...you going to go under some powerlines along the way...you are close keep going west along the top of the cliff band and you should see some gullies down, they can be pretty steep but short...i know this is not the best description ill look at the gps and see if i can find something better...pick yourself up the print out book at the mt erie store its about 5 bucks and can be useful

167672_712024944400_25915984_39867958_386550_n.jpg

Little bit more thread drift but the slings on top of snag buttress could be replaced before they are to tight around the tree, dont want to hurt the good rap tree. Next time I am up there ill replace them but if anyone is up there before me it would be nice to see them replaced/loosened.

On a side note felt warm up there today in a t shirt. Main wall west was nice and dry.

Edited by Vernman23