corvallisclimb

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The top of The Dragons Spine Pinnacle. There is a full 60 meter pitch that gets part way off the ground. Not sideways, but still about 300' off the deck on top.

Top_of_the_Dragons_Spine_300_feet_up.jpg

The top picture was taken from the tree between the 2 pinnacles, you can see the tree in the lower picture of the other side in this distance shot. The Old Witch on the left in the sunlight, The Dragons Spine on the right with belays marked with white xx's and oo's (The Old Witch summit). That's the Cathedral Formation out at Gothic Rocks area from the side. I am predicting that The Old Witch will be the most climbed Pinnacle via the currently non-existent route called Bewitched in Oregon within 3 years. Straight up the left side of the left hand pinnacle there....it's in my dreams.

The_Old_Witch_and_The_Dragons_Spine_Pinnicles_belays.JPG

Oh yes, she will be mine.....[insert sick fixation picture here]

waynes-world-fender-stratocaster-ex.jpg

Putting the rap sling on top of the Old Witch last Sept. Hey, I've got some cams left over on the rack! Big shock, esp. since the nearest crack is @ 20 miles away.

1_resized_Bill_on_the_Witches_head_3.jpg

The profile that shows the Witch's head.

Bill_on_the_Witches_head.jpg

Same same but showing where the mouth is.

The_witch_speaks.jpg

it counts if you can SEE oregon, right? :)

still a little tiny bit to work out (the dashed line) but when i get back from cali next week i'll get'er done n' would enjoy having your august opinion on it - a hard man such as yourself will no doubt be non-plussed (5.7 c2?), but i imagine you'll have a good time anyhow - it makes for a good full day at least, w/ ample groovy places to stop n' smell the flowers :)

stonesoup7.jpg

looks pinnaclely, don't it?

stonesoup5.jpg