State of the Union

Choada_Boy

So did I. But being publicly railed at during such an event is unsettling in a balance of powers context. Don't you think?

More menopausal theatrics from the resident drama queen. I heard this helps:

hypvent-main_Full.jpg

Edited by prole

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...the essence of community organizing...

And that is what Obama claimed to be about.

Too bad for him and the far left now that American communities have seen enough of their needs not being met and are organizing in the other direction.

Couldn't agree more. As long as Obama and the Dems (and the Repubs) don't step it up and start solving the problems facing ordinary Americans and the planet, they will continue turning towards Fascism. Thanks Lars.

So you have to change my words around to come up with a weak comeback? Is that all you have? :laf:

You people have been living in liberal denial these last few weeks. Maybe reality hasn't started to sink in yet.

Obama using the occasion of a State of the Union speech to personally blast the Supreme Court and lecture the Democrat-controlled Senate in a paternal-like fashion is downright scary. My guess is that some folks are really scratching their heads about this guy today.

the only folks scratching their heads are fools like you who were never on homeboy's side to begin w/ and in fact want nothing more than to see him fall flat on is face, no matter what it takes, even if collectively the whole country goes down the sitter in the process

was it a break from tradition? sure - but it was dipshit tradition to begin with - pretend to play all nice and ignore the cocksuckers who are working hard to make the world a worse place? no thanks. hey check it out - the sou hasn't always been this way- everyone from jefferson to wilson just wrote it down. traditions change.

So did I. But being publicly railed at during such an event is unsettling in a balance of powers context. Don't you think?

Yeah, almost right up there with shouting out "you lie" during a presidential speech. The audacity of dope.

Fairweather I have two ideas for you; 1) Perhaps you should sit for a statue that we could place under a bridge. You'd be the second most popular troll in the NW. 2) Perhaps you could get some of your NASCAR buddies from the Tacoma area to hit you up with a Snap-On or Mac jacket. The perfect label for any tool.

Bwahahahaha!

. 2) Perhaps you could get some of your NASCAR buddies from the Tacoma area to hit you up with a Snap-On or Mac jacket. The perfect label for any tool.

Bwahahahaha!

hey now! i'v lived in 2 nascar towns - plenty of nascar folk are too far drunk to have any such political sensibilities!

...the essence of community organizing...

And that is what Obama claimed to be about.

Too bad for him and the far left now that American communities have seen enough of their needs not being met and are organizing in the other direction.

Couldn't agree more. As long as Obama and the Dems (and the Repubs) don't step it up and start solving the problems facing ordinary Americans and the planet, they will continue turning towards Fascism. Thanks Lars.

So you have to change my words around to come up with a weak comeback? Is that all you have? :laf:

You people have been living in liberal denial these last few weeks. Maybe reality hasn't started to sink in yet.

I heard that last sentence almost word for word on Fox 2 days ago, too. Are you writing their material?

Or...

Obama using the occasion of a State of the Union speech to personally blast the Supreme Court and lecture the Democrat-controlled Senate in a paternal-like fashion is downright scary. My guess is that some folks are really scratching their heads about this guy today.

Separation of powers?

Get

Fucking

Real.

You know NOTHING about government. Might have something to do with the fact that you've had zero direct experience with it.

I heard that last sentence almost word for word on Fox 2 days ago, too. Are you writing their material?

Or...

He's been implanted with the neocon's micro chip that has a daily Rush/Beck/Savage/Levin/Hannity/Fox talking point feed so that he is prepared with clever zingers when "talking to liberals".

It's so fucking word for word that whatever tiny shred of intelligence I granted this cunt has long since evaporated. He's just another TV tool with internet access. Absolutely nothing to add to any discussion.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I thought we wanted the president to be strong on his principles and not afraid to speak his mind...?

Well, good thing Cheney spent all those years strengthening the executive branch, who could have foreseen we'd get Adolf Hitler in the next election?

Separation of powers?

Get

Fucking

Real.

You know NOTHING about government. Might have something to do with the fact that you've had zero direct experience with it.

the thing is pat, i agree with you on the former but not the later - fucksakes, he knows at least as much about gov as me - i'm sure he could manage to ramble off the top of his head most of the amendments and the articles by subject, etc - ya know, demonstrate knowledge of the constitution in an academic sense

what's frightening is the first part - your take on separaton of powers is crap, and it's evident in your presidents of choice - you favor folks like teddy roosevelt exactly b/c they did whatever the fuck they wanted, convinced of the justice of their calling, never really even seeming to question it in retrospect, so assured they were of the Almight's Blessing - it's fucking scary - perhaps the worst thing lincoln (who i think keenly felt the wrongness of his actions but had to justify them) did was actually fucking win the war, b/c it's convinced his less apt students they can all do that too, so long as god whispers to them

obama bringing to atention w/ members of the other branches in a highly formal public setting his displeasure with their actions is checks n' powers in action - it is the very essence of the concept - for fucks sake, its not like (to my reasonably sure knowledge) that he's tapped thier phones, put mickeys in their drinks, kidnapped their ex-girlfriends, abducted them, sodomized them with plush-toys, etc.

if you actually believed in the causes he's for, you'd be excorciated him for being a pussy and not being assertive enough!

Are you writing their material?

I don't have to write anything for them. You people are a soap opera unto yourselves.

[video:youtube]

I wonder how that hope and change is working out for her these days. Do you think the stimulus found it's way to her cardboard box?

It's all Talk Radio, All The Time. The president doesn't have the right to speak to kids. The president doesn't have the right to express an opinion on a supreme court decision. Fucking ridiculous arguments on their face, but consider the audience. I guess such arguments sound all sophisticated 'n legal-like to them.

Reverse logic and backwards causality are the first tools Talk Radio reaches for. Most of us hear such crap, dismiss it for the brain fart it is in about a nanosecond, and move on. Dittoheads, on the other hand, sit back in wonder, sparsely toothed mouths agape, stunned that The Voice of Truth has invented yet another New Way of Thinking, completely oblivious to the fact that its the same stupid pet trick every time.

Are you writing their material?

I don't have to write anything for them. You people are a soap opera unto yourselves.

[video:youtube]

I wonder how that hope and change is working out for her these days. Do you think the stimulus found it's way to her cardboard box?

Shu' Up! 'batin'!

(movie reference? Anyone?)

Separation of powers?

Get

Fucking

Real.

Oh really? We can compare resumes if you like. :rolleyes: FYI: Hanging out in front of the Freemont Chapter of the ACLU like some kind of groupie doesn't rate as high as, say, passing the LSAT.

FW be fair here. He didn't thrash the Justices. He said, "With due deference to the separation of power..." How is that thrashing?

If he'd called them a pack of hosers it still wouldn't have been a separation of powers issue.

Lincoln continuing to denying habeas corpus, even after the Supreme Court ruled against him, Bush illegally spying on Americans without a judicial review, appeal, or statutory authority...now THOSE are separation of power issues.

Separation of powers?

Get

Fucking

Real.

Oh really? We can compare resumes if you like. :rolleyes: FYI: Hanging out in front of the Freemont Chapter of the ACLU like some kind of groupie doesn't rate as high as, say, passing the LSAT.

How about being an ACLU board member AND passing the LSAT?

Oops...

Of course, neither of those qualifications means that one knows shit about the actual workings of government, either. If this country had a dime for every dumb cunt who managed to pass the LSAT, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Edited by tvashtarkatena