Links to conditions in Central Cascades

To_The_Top

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good links triple T.

I use this link as my one stop weather shopping spot: Pacific NW 7-Day Zones Forecasts

A nice feature is after you click the appropriate zone it gives you the option to click on a second, more detailed map for a "detailed point forecast" which appears on the right. Doing this will give you the forecast (how accurate it is I'm still determining) for the particular location and elevation.

Good example: Mt Stuart Play around with clicking different points on the detailed map and watch how the location (given as a distance from some town) and elevation change. wave.gif

• 1 month later...

Now if there was only a way to find out if it's accurate! thumbs_up.gif

Last week Iwas usuing that feature to get forcasts for Banks lake. I'd have to say it was resonably accurate, the conditions were a bit scrambled (sunny when it was forcast to be cloudy etc) but the temps were pretty close. I was mostly watching the lows and the actuals were within 5-7 degrees of forcast, I think.

In the days prior to the trip it was interesting to watch the forcast change, the forcast thursday low changed from something like 5 degrees on monday to -17 on tuesday morning - So it pays to check one last time as you leave.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I do view most of the above links listed when going out to play but I always click the links below to see the current local time lapse radar images.

here is the big picture:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacnorthwest_loop.php

and here is the closer view:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=atx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

obviously, this is great for short term instant information on what is happening NOW! For mutiple day outtings, you definately want to consult one of the other links that gives a forecast. (which this link does not do)

Edited by ghani