North Norwegian Buttress action?

Mr. Hands

Rode up to Lake Serene with the Mrs. noticed some fixed ropes to the right of NNWB. As well as a large stash of gear not very well hidden. The first pitch appeared to be a sport climb! While the second bit appeard possibly aid. What gives? Sport route to the summit?

Oh ya and that Doorish needs to pick his trash up!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be really cool if done well. Their is a lot of big steep featured real estate up on that aspect of the mountain.

Hopefully it isn't being done by a certain individual that has created a lot of controversy for his drilling on long routes in many parts of the cascades.

Anybody care? I think Index is in a designated logging wilderness. So we should be very concerned about bolts where no one can see them but encourage the clearcutting of our forests as you hardly even notice when they are gone, but those bolts are forever, and the negative impacts of them are......help me out here....?

LOL! ...but first, you need to get some serious roads in there, blast the fucking rocks all to hell and D9 the shit out of it....OF COURSE, ONCE YOU GET IT LOOKING LIKE THIS ... serious+road.JPG

.....THEN START BITCHING ONLINE ABOUT BOLTS NO ONE CAN SEE - RIGHT GLADYS KRAVITS DON???

RIGHT! Nice work, carry on.

your justifying a climbers responsibility with a whole seperate issue

Yeah, I was replying to Steve and trying to head the anti-bolt dude off at the pass. Everytime Don steps in to something like the link below, it winds up being 27 pages like this. If he wants to continue that debate he should head over there, where you had the last post.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/901264/27

"How do you respond to my thoughts that all El Cap routes would be impossible without bolts, and that in your view, they would all be closed as they are impossible to ascent without bolts" wouldnt that be rad 4lines up elcap easiest gd 512r A4

As far as I understand from one of the few involved- the "project" route is mixed aid and free and is being climbed ground up. Highly doubt it will be a trade route for the masses.

Ummm sick! So the first pitch is a full on sport climb, then the second pitch sports some sick aid! WTF?!?! I mean they are only 1.5 pitches up, doesnt look like they are in any rush to push the route. As far as it looked to me the gear was abandoned. Do they think people do not visit Lake Serene? If your going to leave all your shit in a high traffic area, at least make it hidden or leave a fucking note!

Anybody care? I think Index is in a designated logging wilderness. So we should be very concerned about bolts where no one can see them but encourage the clearcutting of our forests as you hardly even notice when they are gone, but those bolts are forever, and the negative impacts of them are......help me out here....?

STFU NOOB!! Obviously your noob videos of you on youtube dicking around with your Silent Parnter proove you dont know dick shit. Timber is a renewable resource, the rock is not. Suck it timetrvlr!

Billcoe i did write the last line of that qoute but i also wrote how its just a fairytail and could never happen. ive never said to close any route, anywhere. and this probibly will turn into a 27 page tyrant which no one changes their mind about how/where/when to place bolts. but at least were talking about it. the cacades have had a long history of climbers that for the most part have respected the un written rules of bolts in the wild.