Group at Rambles 1/19-20

5.12Dreamer

Boeing Alpine Assoc. is having an ice climbing outing in Lillooet this weekend. Just want to give some warning before you find more people at the Rambles area than you hoped.

We'll have about twelve total and we'll do our best to lessen impact to any one particular area, conditions depending. If anyone has input on other good areas for n00bs, by all means, please share.

Weeks ago I was also eyeing Honeyman Falls, although with the warm weather over the last couple weeks I don't see how it could be in shape. And, to ease fears: we are not planning on visiting Marble en masse and bringing it all down.

Thanks and see you up there,

Tom

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard honeyman described as the most dangerous ice in Lillooet and area..maybe not the best choice for hanging around on..?

I would have to agree about hanging around.

A big ass chunk of the falls came off it once while we were climbing it. When in, though it is a classic.

Next door, Cherry ice is a perfect spot to teach beginners and close enough for those nursing Reynolds hangovers.

And for you other WA cc'ers, Lillooet is better than Hyalite and I consistently make the drive in sub 5 hours from Seattle. If you buy me a beer I'll give you directions for my shortcut.

Oh and buy Don's book! It's really good.