[TR] Dragontail - Triple Couloirs 2/22/2010

cbcbd

Trip: Dragontail - Triple Couloirs

Date: 2/22/2010

Trip Report:

Rachel came out of retirement after her surgery to remove some bionic plates originally meant to enhance her climbing abilities. Now she is just a mere mortal once again, so I can keep up.

We had some good times on the TC. As the last tr mentioned, snow conditions in the couloirs were fair and the runnels looked dry - we also took the 2nd variation bypassing them and finishing the small choke below couloir 2. The transition from 2-3 was thin, mixed, and took pins once in a while - fun.

The highlight of the day was topping out of the couloirs into the sun, from which we were being blocked from all day long. And man, the weather was just glorious!

P1110399.JPG

Rockin the pink gloves

P1110415.JPG

P1110444.jpg

P1110461.JPG

P1110471.JPG

P1110474.JPG

P1110472.JPG

Gear Notes:

Pins were our friends. Friends were generally unused.

Approach Notes:

Snow and ice all the way from the gate.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Piston,

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of that section. The groove that I picked was about 30-40' of mostly dry tooling. Sometimes a foot in some ice or snow, maybe a tool on some ice, most times hooking a tool, feet on rock, or just using hands - but not too steep and took thin Bugaboos ok. Nothing falling, just a constant thin stream of spindrift for ambiance.

Be safe, have fun!