[TR] Index Town Wall - Them, Roger's Corner, Breakfast of Champions, ect. 2/19/2010

summitchaserCJB

Trip: Index Town Wall - Them, Roger's Corner, Breakfast of Champions, ect.

Date: 2/19/2010

Trip Report:

Also included in this TR is the Lizard (may also be called Aries or somesuch). :brew:

Will, Todd and I decided to hit up Index Town Walls today. We first were going up to the Upper Wall area to look for some geriatric-named route but we stumbled upon another route. We didn't know what it was but it looked stiff. I guessed in the 10b range and the guys thought that was close enough. I volunteered to lead it because I felt strong today. Abnormally strong. So I led it pretty dang well. I was pretty happy for leading it, especially on-sight without knowing the grade. Todd seconded it and said it was 5.9+-5.10b (depending on the section). Turns out it is called "Them" and is rated 5.9+ and it is located at the wall of 10,000 insects. I love Index ratings.

IMG_2053.JPGIMG_2215_edited-1.jpgIMG_20721.JPGIMG_2195_edited-1.jpg

Then we went back down towards the car to find more climbs. Somehow I thought that I might want to lead Breakfast of champions. So we headed over to Roger's Corner and watched a guy style up Sagitarius. Will took the first pitch, Todd the second, and I made it as far as the first half of breakfast. I definitely laced the crux but was too pumped to finish up so Todd did it. I was pissed seconding because I discovered that right above my high point was a perfect jam that was just my size. Next time that crack is mine. IMG_2125_edited-1.jpgIMG_2147_edited-1.jpgIMG_2175_edited-1.jpg

After coming down from Breakfast we walked over to the sickle crack. Here Will led up to the base of the lizard chimney. I soloed up there as well and got ready for the lead. I have done the lizard before so the lead wasn't too hard. Just stay out of the crack. I had some pretty good pro there as well. I moved the belay to the right about 40 feet to a hanging belay to get started on a somewhat thin finger crack that is rated 5.7. Todd took the lead while we hung out at the belay. Soon we gathered our stuff together and did the raps down and scrambled home. IMG_2103_edited-1.jpgIMG_2117_edited-1.jpgIMG_20571.JPGIMG_2157_edited-1.jpg

Gear Notes:

Rack. Doubles in some sizes. Slings.

Approach Notes:

Good luck finding wall of 10,000 insects. We found it by accident.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic