Portland climbing show series

billcoe

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=817967

"I am producing a plethora of slideshows/speaking engagements in the Portland, Oregon area over the next year. The line-up should make for a few wet dreams. As each event gets closer I will start a new thread with all the exact details.

For starters:

Glen Denny - June 18

Yosemite in the Sixties

John Bachar - July 16

Subject/title to be announced

John Long & Dean Fidelman (Largo & Bullwinkle for those who live on another planet) – August 27

Reading and photos from the new Stonemasters book

Royal Robbins – September 24

Subject/title to be announced

That should whet your appetite a bit, eh? I have five more in the funnel and will pre-announce as soon as things firm up.

All shows will be at Portland Community College-Sylvania Campus.

All shows will start SHARP at 7:00 PM (Sorry, I'm British so we insist on 7:00 meaning 7:00)

Tickets will be $12

Net proceeds will go to the Yosemite Climbing Association-cuz I love what Ken does! We will also be (voluntary) collecting canned food for the local food bank.

All shows will have schwagg, raffles of toys for vertical playtime, presenter book/poster signings, T-shirts that only a climber could love and more!

Okay, that's the overview. In about three-four weeks I will post final details for Glen Denny's show and details for other shows will follow regularly.

This theatre holds 300 and I am pretty sure these events will sell out. Keep your eye tuned to SuperTopo to know the lastest.

Any questions... simon(at)vershke(dot)com "

Schweet!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic