Adding the Grivel Trigger to Quark

Chad_A

After a trip to Ouray with my pal, Andy, I decided to try a set of Grivel Triggers on my Quarks. He'd fitted a set of the yellow (smaller diameter) version to his.

Along the way, he said that the smaller version cut into his grip, causing some damage, so I picked up a pair of the larger version, that uses a rubber spacer underneath.

417839928_133593c56c_o.jpg

417839934_a7d94aa9d5_o.jpg

Here's what I ended up using (forgot to include the phillips screwdriver in the picture, for use with the machine screw).

417839942_ffe46c0d02_o.jpg

Knowing that the outer plastic pieces would interfere with the grip, I went to good 'ole Home Depot and picked out a couple machine screws that work with the locknut included with the Grivel Trigger kit. Used with the needle nose vise grips to bring the brackets close together, the 5mm x 16mm size was perfect.

As it turns out, the wrench included with my G14s fit the nut perfectly (not surprisingly). It's an 8mm wrench.

417839950_97eacbe4fb_o.jpg

I used blue Loctite on the threads, and screwed it together. Worked very nice.

417839957_cfa3f738d6_o.jpg

I wrapped some electical tape (some big-diameter shrink tubing would probably work well, too) around the sharp bits, and now it's pretty glove-friendly, and the bracket-area isn't really big enough to impede the ergonomics. Next week should test that theory, though.

417839964_bd3bd11ffb_o.jpg

417843904_5732e2781f_o.jpg

417843908_8081a87d41_o.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic