Beacon: 10/18 or 19 - 'Lost Warriors'

JosephH

Haven't tried to make it up 'Lost Warriors' this year and was thinking this might be a good weekend for it. It's a pretty challenging and, though I dread the word, 'adventurous' route which departs from the top of YW's p1 and heads up and to the right passing through the biggest square roof high on the SE cornice. It clocks in a 5.10c with two single points of A0 and somewhere in 5.11 range free. I can swap or lead any or all the pitches depending on how you feel about things.

Give a shout if it sounds like something you might be interested in...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev, yeah a few times over the years - but the sharp angular rock out there is a little short on monkey movement for my taste. It's more a case where it just shines a light on the fact I'm really not a good all-round climber in the mold of say someone like Bill or a Jim Anglin. I pretty much suck at both jamming and face climbing so tend not to shy away from Broughton. I prefer Rocky Butte close in and Beacon when I have more time. I can see how it would probably fitting your climbing needs and baby schedule pretty well however. With all you young toughs eyeball deep in diapers maybe it will even see a bit of a renasaince out there.

I've yet to get over to Brouton or Rocky Butte but keep telling myself I need to get over and do that Gandolfs whatchamacallit. I hear it is really good over there but it's a bit of a drive for me.

How did your Lost Warrior effort go anyway? Or was that you we saw on Big Ledge today?