It almost makes you want BO/Biden to win...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn.

Biden may not remember when FDR was elected. Frankly (get it?), I don't either, but 1929 isn't terribly far off the mark. FDR was president during most of the Depression, so the mistake is understandable. Nor do I know when TV became popular (although 1929's a stretch). And I doubt you do, sans Google, either.

Biden's opponent, however, believes the earth is 4000 years old.

We all get it wrong sometimes. Everything's a matter of degree, I guess.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

..simply for the entertainment value!

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

Besides the relative lack of TVs in 1929 Franklin Roosevelt wasn't even President!

:laf: The McCain Campaign won't even allow the media near Palin, much less get an interview for fear they might ask her a question!

John McCain's presidential campaign has exerted tight control over reporters' access to Sarah Palin ever since he announced her as his surprise running-mate pick Aug. 29. But their efforts reached a new level today.

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin chats with Aghan President Hamid KarzaiCampaign aides excluded any representative for print and wire service outlets from the pool of reporters who would briefly accompany Palin to her much-touted meetings in New York with Afghan President Hamid Karzai (at left), Colombian President Alvaro Uribe and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger (who serves as a foreign policy advisor to McCain).

The foreign leaders are in the U.S. for the General Assembly meeting at the United Nations.

The campaign also initially announced that even the day's designated pool television producer, who is charged with capturing whatever editorial content emerges from this type of photo op for the five networks, would not be permitted into the meeting...

...Palin has not held a news conference since she was transformed from the relatively unknown governor of Alaska to a major player on the national political scene.

She made a brief statement to a pool of reporters about her ...

... background and experience during the Republican National Convention on Sept. 4 after attending a lunch of the Republican Governors Assn. at a museum in Minneapolis. But for the most part she ignored questions from reporters. The one exception -- she responded to a query from an Alaska news crew about how she would continue her duties as governor while campaigning on McCain's ticket.---from LA Times 9/23/08

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin chats with Aghan President Hamid KarzaiCampaign aides excluded any representative for print and wire service outlets from the pool of reporters who would briefly accompany Palin to her much-touted meetings in New York with Afghan President Hamid Karzai (at left), Colombian President Alvaro Uribe and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger (who serves as a foreign policy advisor to McCain).

The foreign leaders are in the U.S. for the General Assembly meeting at the United Nations.

Funny thing, something you missed, is that BO did the samthing on his "world tour" a few weeks ago......

Yawn.

Biden may not remember when FDR was elected. Frankly (get it?), I don't either, but 1929 isn't terribly far off the mark. FDR was president during most of the Depression, so the mistake is understandable. Nor do I know when TV became popular (although 1929's a stretch). And I doubt you do, sans Google, either.

Biden's opponent, however, believes the earth is 4000 years old.

We all get it wrong sometimes. Everything's a matter of degree, I guess.

LOL Why am I not surprised.......