Madrone Public Meeting #2 - 9/24/08

elaine

Wednesday Sept 24

6:00pm-8:00 pm

Sunnybrook Service Center

9101 SE Sunnybrook Dr ( 1/4 mile WEST of I-205)

Clackamas 97015

This is the 2nd public meeting as Clackamas County gathers info about this site and it develops it's master plan in conjunction with Alta Planning and Design. This is YOUR opportunity to come and participate and give your feedback about the site.

A 3rd meeting will be held in October...........

At the first meeting earlier this month, Alta, Metro, and Clackamas County officials gave various presentations and displayed maps of the surrounding area.

Attendance at that meeting was maybe 40 folks with a few more residents than climbers.

If you cannot attend, please send in your comments to:

Katie Dunham at kdunham@co.clackamas.or.us

OR

Chris VanDuzer at chrisv@co.clackamas.or.us

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 questions:

1st) I saw a postcard recently where you could check a box on what you thought were priorities, and what you did NOT want to see. You could check Gravel Quarry as something you wanted for instance, along with about 7 different activities on both sides, rockclimbing on both sides as well: things you could oppose or support.

Is that current? For county residents only? What is up?

2nd) I wrote my support into the record for the last meeting. Should those of us who did that do it again if we can not be at the 24th meeting?

Thanks Kellie!

:wave:

Thanks, Bill for the question.

That "list" on the postcard ( for those on our mailing list) is a similar list that Clackamas Co gave out at the last public meeting. Clackamas County collected that info after the attendees broke out into small discussion groups. That's the purpose of these meetings. For the County and Alta to gather information and public input to see what people want this site to be in terms of a park.

There was a unanimous vote to NOT harvest the timber, NOT to quarry, NOT install a tram ( a Clack. Co staff idea), and other odd suggestions. I'm not sure who came up with some of those suggestions. Another was mountain biking, but many at the first meeting felt that there was not enough space on this 44 acre plot to make mountain biking trails. Only if there was adjoining property could this make sense.

I guess people with similar questions about the "list" had to be there at the meeting to hear the context of how the info and the possible list of activities were presented. Be encouraged that the residents that did attend the meeting were also in favor of rock climbing as a primary use for the site.

To get on our snail mail list, you'll need to get on the savemadrone.org site or contact Keith at kdaellenbach@att.net. He's the keeper of the mailing list.