[TR] Exfoliation Dome - Solaris 8/25/2008

hanman

Trip: Exfoliation Dome - Solaris

Date: 8/23/2008

Trip Report:

Went up to Solar Wall last saturday- lots of fun. Did pitches 1-4, which was alot considering I felt like crap and my partner Stephen is under Dr's orders not to move his back for 3 months :shock:

Pitch 1: Skinny out a broken ledge, 5.7 corners steepen and reqire a few A1 moves, followed by a nice 5.7 finger crack. Move belay out left. 165 feet

Pitch 2: Strenuous and continuous 5.9+ OW/off fist crack punishes for a full 160 feet. Glad I did'nt have to lead that one....

DSC04514.JPGDSC04519.JPG

Pitch 3: Bolt ladder up a blank steep headwall to access excellent thin seam dihedral with tiny nuts, the occasional bolt, and awesome exposure. 155 feet

DSC04522.JPGDSC04525.JPGIMG_5073.JPG

Pitch 4: Another tight seam dihedral arches up and left to a comfy belay ledge.80 feet

DSC04535.JPG

Rapped the route- all belay stations are fat SS bolts w/ Fixe chains.

Gear Notes:

Wall rack to #5 Camalot, very tiny wires and small pin rack if going all the way.

Approach Notes:

Trail has some windfall and once in the basin, a large rock avalanch from the NW summit has bomb blasted the talus field with loose shards and significant debris. Passable but not fun.Water was available in the gully below the route

Edited by hanman

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic