Photopost gallery upgrade

olyclimber

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why do i always get error messages when uploading batches of photos? i try to load up 5 pictures but i get an the big-balled rodent of death and a pleasing reference to mlu's? then when i try again the images are already in the queue, but i get the same error message again when i hit submit? then i start all over and get this:

Error creating resized original!

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" -quality 90 -geometry 1875x2500 '/home/climb/cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/500/dragontail1.JPG'

Error code: 9

WHY?!? WHY WAS I MADE TO FEEL PAIN?!?

the gallery directly - i'm filling in all the required fields too (keywords, title, description) - tried renaming the files so they'd be unique - actually the first photo i tried loaded, but i can't see the thumbnail in "my gallery" option

Ivan-

Do this method.... In a post window, like if you are posting a TR, click the little camera icon. This will open a small window that will let you upload 5 pics at once. It works wonderfully. I'm still trying to figure out why the other upload page is tossing a 404 error.

Posting photos on cc.com has always been a huge downer. I almost never have the time to work through it. It always amuses me when someone explains how easy it is - "right click, blah, blah, hit the icon, and sit back and enjoy a beer while the rest is done like magic..." I have gone on so many trips where I have delegated the TR to a partner, and watched them attempt to post pics and then scrap the entire TR after a few hours of pic posting frustration.

Damn, that sucks. Timmay put a lot of work into building a really easy way to put pictures into your posts from the photo gallery. You don't even need to upload the pictures before you start your TR/post. After you start your TR or post, you can just click on this button:

timmay.JPG

add photos, and then just click on the thumbnails that are shown in the window that pops up, and they show up in your post.

Maybe some people aren't getting that? I can make a guide for doing it with hints and tricks for making a TR.

Also, if you're currently having a problem uploading pictures, send me a PM. I'll see if I can fix it.

Thanks.

In the meantime, here is a quick guide that I put together a while ago:

1. click on the camera button:

pictures.JPG

2. If your picture is already in the gallery, then find it in the thumbnails shown in the pop-up resulting from clicking on the camera icon:

pictures2.JPG

3. You can do a bunch of stuff in the resulting pop-up:

upload.JPG

4. After you click the "Done adding pictures button" it will take you back to your post. You'll see the pictures added as URLs in your post with the image tag ("img"). If you want your pictures displayed in full size, remove the "medium/" as shown here:

also.JPG

Also, the pictures will just show up all in the row. You can cut and past the image links by selecting the whole image URL "blah..." (as you see in the picture above) and pasting in to the appropriate place in your post.