Olympia Climbing Wednesdays

Off_White

With the upcoming time change, Wednesday evening climbing in Tenino is back. This weekly event will start Wednesday April 5th, from 4:30 on, and continue until the fall. Climbs range from 5.9 to 5.12. PM me if you have questions or need directions.

1970drederek_on_Manly_Wham_small.JPG

quarry1.jpg

1970top_rope_party.JPG

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't help but reply. This is an unbelievably excellent place to climb. Quality climbing, unique individuals, and controlled technical movement make this an awesome environment. If you have the desire to improve your climbing, this is the place to do it. Hope to see you there! rockband.gif

I would be totally down if I had anything to do with Olympia. Unfortunately I am not from Olympia, I do not live in Olympia, I never wanted to live in Olympia, I have never lived in Olympia, I've only been to Olympia a few times, and the only person I know in Olympia is Off_White. I'm simply not associated with Olympia. I live in Seattle, which, while in the same state as Olympia, is not Olympia. It is a completely seperate city. Before then, I lived on the Olympic Peninsula, which is spelled similiarly to Olympia, but is not Olympia either. It can be confusing, and if it is to you use this chart:

Olympia does NOT equal Olympic Peninsula

I'll try to come down there sometime this summer and climb that place out, but since I'll be scooping all the women, most likely I won't be popular. I'm just warning you.

UPDATE: 4/19/06

Things look alright for tonight, though notably Hercules is too wet, and there is some dampness on top for a few routes.

Any of you regulars have a cordless drill? Mine's down for a battery rebuild, and I have some anchor work I'd like to do.

Looks great for tonight. There's a new dedicated anchor for Squirt Theory, but watch out for drill dust at the top if you lead it. I also put in a directional for a new project right of Calvin & Hobbes, I'll set up a rope when I get there (probably not until 5:30 for me tonight)

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i'm new to olympia from scotland and would love to check out this crag, but i don't have a car. Is there anyone in olympia that would be willing to give me and my girlfriend a ride down on wednesday (21st) or next wednesday? We would be very grateful and would pitch in with gas money. Hope to see you guys down at the crag soon!

dom