Wild Country Helium Clean Wire

Pro Mountain Sports

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Heliums. Light, full size, smooth latch, wire gate. Pretty much has it all. I would concur that he gate is the right stiffness. Only complaint (besides price!) is that the wire gate is very thin (the two wires are not very far apart), making it a bit more difficult to handle and clip the rope into than, say, a BD Hotwire. I still vote Petzl Spirit as best for overall feel and specifically orgasmic gate-opening.

I really like the Heliums. Light, full size, smooth latch, wire gate. Pretty much has it all. I would concur that he gate is the right stiffness. Only complaint (besides price!) is that the wire gate is very thin (the two wires are not very far apart), making it a bit more difficult to handle and clip the rope into than, say, a BD Hotwire. I still vote Petzl Spirit as best for overall feel and specifically orgasmic gate-opening.

Exactly right on the money. A double Kleenex sport biner for sure. However, I did buy some DMM mamba draws recently and they may even have an edge on the Petzls for gate smoothness. I'm pairing them with the Helium.

I am eagerly anticipating finally breaking the 5.8 sport barrier with these better, high end draws. Not sure where you go from Dancer, but I aim to head there.