Us "old folks" will thank you to stay home

foraker

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Such detachment will be required of a space faring civilization.

I noticed there's no distinction there between being (a) part of an advanced space-faring civilization and (b) being part of the food supply of an advanced space-faring civilization.

When they come, they will come TO SERVE MAN.

1700484116_b174545018.jpg

Edited by tvashtarkatena

it is just like it was in the 80's. there will be a generation or so of people that don't dig the outdoors and then there will be new kids that chill with their grand parents (us) and do dig it. my parents idea of camping is a Hilton hotel. one of my kids is pretty like that too. the other one goes to camp in the summer and likes to hike and junk. the one thing i will say is that part of it is that access to nature is not the same as it used to be. when i was a kid it was easy to play in the creek and to tromp around in the woods...becuase no one would shoot us for being on their property, it was more rare for a freak to try to pick up a kid. however enough of us were nabbed that we are a generation of paranoid parents (maybe i only speak for myself).

i didn't know i liked to play outside from the time i was bout 10 until i was 25 or 26. i came around ;)