Thoughts

olyclimber

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At ropeup, Rolf and I (yeah, I'm name dropping. I'M A FRIEND OF ROLF) were talking about this book I'm reading..Guns, Germs, and Steel. The author mentions that all it would take for the human species to propagate to a new island or continent and fill it with and new civilization was for a pregnant woman with a baby boy child in her belly to to wash ashore. The problem I have with this theory is what about genetics problems? They talk about these grey wolf species dying off because of inbreeding in the Northern US Rockies...why didn't these human have that problem? Was the gene pool not yet polluted badly? Where is the genetic critical mass? If you believe in evolution, what impact does inbeeding have on the evolution of the human species?

The problem I have with this theory is what about genetics problems? They talk about these grey wolf species dying off because of inbreeding in the Northern US Rockies...why didn't these human have that problem? Was the gene pool not yet polluted badly? Where is the genetic critical mass?

the lack of genetic diversity argument helped debunk the Tasaday Hoax Basically a human population with only about 25 breeding members would die out due to inbreeding.

Check out the THICK stream of urine pouring out of Pax's pants. This is from an attempt to climb the Flagpole a few years back. It was a special trip in which I slept too much and then wallowed in the ashes of a recent forest fire and then we took to long and didn't make up there all the way. SPECIAL MOMENTS.

August-05-014b.gif