Fugs Falls - Vantage Ice

512dude

It'll be gone soon but the ice is there now. Looks like the weather might kill it by Wednesday. Frenchman's looked good too. The days are short, get there early.

We did see some crazy mofo sitting is his car trying to warm up before he buried himself in his Bibler that was set up just behind the exhaust pipe.

showphoto.php?photo=15501&size=big&sort=1&cat=505

showphoto.php?photo=15499&size=big&sort=1&cat=505

showphoto.php?photo=15498&size=big&sort=1&cat=505

showphoto.php?photo=15497&size=big&sort=1&cat=505

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you do not need to cross the washington passes today, it is advised that you do not..." said the radio as we cruised on into the ice storm of Eastern Washington yesterday morning. We needed to cross the passes today. The roads were getting worse, and as we neared ellensburg, I90 was closed due to multiple accidents. Every person who slowed down to stop at the closure fish-tailed on the ice. A trucker gave us the beta, and we snuck off and drove side roads past the closure.

We hiked in to Fuggs via the sunshine wall approach, which was pretty quick and easy though I wonder if there is a road you could take to the top of the climb? The climb was still super fat with soft hero ice, though the pro was good. I bet it'll hang around until the weekend at least. We walked off climbers right. Great climb, super fun day to not be at work!

Frenchmans looked a little worse for wear than the pictures from last weekend (ice below the first belay ledge had holes to the rock), but it still looked climbable.