Hockey Night in Canada Thread

bstach

OK, so I am watching the Canucks vrs Ducks game on Hockey Night In Canada and there's Ron MacLean and Kelly Hrudy promoting this commercial product "Blade Tape" (http://www.bladetape.ca/) during the "Behind the Mask" segment. WTF???!! Since when is Hockey Night in Canada going all commercial?? Is nothing sacred?

Edited to change thread title

Edited by bstach

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I am watching the Canucks vrs Ducks game on Hockey Night In Canada and there's Ron MacLean and Kelly Hrudy promoting this commercial product "Blade Tape" (http://www.bladetape.ca/) during the "Behind the Mask" segment. WTF???!! Since when is Hockey Night in Canada going all commercial?? Is nothing sacred?

no, nothing is sacred. I love hockey but stoped watching after the penguins lost...except the end of one red wings game

I noticed it last night as well, just after (or was it before?) a commercial for the stuff. Didn't trouble me since I think Kelly's a knob and never listen to anything he says (remember that goofy blue head band he wore for years under his mask?). Next week on Don Cherry's spot they'll be pitching Cold FX - watch for it.

Thank God for the Canadian channel, our local paper gave last nights game about 1 line. If you start thinking Kelly and crew are bad, try switching to Chris Berman on ESPN for a minute.

I was travelling for work this week, and ended up in Alabama the evening of game 1 vrs Ducks. So I know of what you speak and agree.

Know what your problem is, Dunlop? You're too fuckin' old to play this game.

Take that sentence back!

Too much, too soon.

Dave, hold it steady. You're makin' me miss.

You got him, Dave!

Did you hear what he said? He shouldn't have said what he said.

You don't say stuff like that on the ice.

- Let's just win the game. - We are winnin' the friggin' game!

You goon!

You wanna say some more, you ugly bastard?

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, get him!

We were all there. We all saw it with our own eyes.

Dave.

Goddamn lardass, Barclay Donaldson. I'm tellin' you, he jumped us.

Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs!

- He called us names. - Called us names!

- But Dave was there. - Dave's a killer!

- Dave's a killer. - Dave's a mess.

does anyone in the NHL play without a helmet?
from what i understand the way the rule is written, they had to start playing in the leaguge prior to like 1978 (or something)to continue to play without a helmet. i dont think any of those guys are still playing. however i am not an expert :blush: