WA speeding tix

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell is it that a speeding ticket with a $20-$30 base fine (IRLJ 6.2) ends up being like $300? I read the RCW 46, and 70% + 50% = 120% statutatory assessments (3.62.090), but that still doesn't add up. Furthermore, 46.63.110(2) implies it can't be more than $250.

Should have gone into tax law, Gary. You would have been great.

I got hit on 524 coming back from Index. F**ker was literally pulling over every single car that went by, two at a time. He just stood in the road and pointed at people.

So I ask for a court date (ticket in early march). I called the court last week since I hadn't heard anything. "Oh, we're a little backed up right because of our emphasis patrols, check back if you haven't seen anything by the end of NEXT month."

Apparently you can "defer" one ticket every seven years if you don't get another ticket for a year. You have to pay a $150 fee, but it won't show up on your record.

Don't speed.

Amen. It's not that hard to watch your speed, and if it is, a few tickets should help encourage you. As a bbicylist, I'd like to see more people held accountable for their unsafe driving.

Apparently you can "defer" one ticket every seven years if you don't get another ticket for a year. You have to pay a $150 fee, but it won't show up on your record.

Good advice.

Fight the ticket. You probably don't even have to go to the actual court - you can probably right a letter to the court (what I did anyway). I got 3 tickets at once on 405 in Kirkland - got out of all of them this way. Just lie too, if it is believable and you think it will help.