[TR] Some rocks in Chalten, Argerntina- 2 new routes 2/4/2005

Climb: Some rocks in Chalten, Argerntina-2 new routes

Date of Climb: 2/4/2005

Trip Report:

I took another trip to Chalten, Argentina with my roomate Daniel and we climbed what we belived to be 2 new routes on some rocks about an hour and a half walk from town. The first route was about 80 meters wich consisted of 2 pitches of 5.7 with shitty pro, grey and purple tcus and small nuts. The anchors turned out to be bomber and we where able to walk off as we topped out on a ridge. We called the route Black Jack after the 3 dollar liter of whiskey we had purchased.

The second route was a 35 meter aid climb, wich involved extremely thin seams with some manky tied off blades, and back cleaning my lone rurp, though i was able to get in a bomber LA to avoid ground fall, also had to do 2 bat hook moves in a row, wich was my first time hand drilling of hooks quite fun i guess. I was also able to walk off of this climb.

Its been quite the season in Argentine Patagonia, multiple new routes up Fitz Roy, a team of Slovokians traversed it, and a new Canadian route was put up as well. 2 parties where able to climb Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy with in a month. Thats the news from Patagonia.

Gear Notes:

Black Jack: Small Cams and Nuts, and large cams for the belays.

Aid Line: assorted thin pins, rups, hooks and small HB offsets

Approach Notes:

about and hour and a half hike through a whole lot off prickly plants

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic