Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

Just got a note from the AAC and it looks like our little rope up event is going to be legit this year. Co-sponsors, trail projects, slide shows, free beer (well we had that last year too - thanks TG). Wow!

Hey Jon and Timm@y when is this going up on the Events board?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friday, oct 10, sat, oct 11, sun oct 12. Camping Friday and Saturday nights. Look for more info on this site soon.

still in the sponsor gathering/media blitz/ planning stages for this, it looks to be good.

"fostering stewardship of the vertical environment," not "partying"!

Beck said:

friday, oct 10, sat, oct 11, sun oct 12. Camping Friday and Saturday nights. Look for more info on this site soon.

still in the sponsor gathering/media blitz/ planning stages for this, it looks to be good.

yeah guy! thanks beck... great job thumbs_up.gif

Press Release - Press Release - Press Release - Press Release

Who: Rock climbers and members of the general public interested in rock climbing

What: 3rd annual Cascade Climbers Full Moon Ropeup

When: Fri, October 10th thru Sun, October 12th, 2003

Where: Bridge Creek Group Campground, Icicle Canyon, Leavenworth, WA

Why: Fostering stewardship of the vertical environment.

Come join fellow Northwest climbers at the third annual Cascade Climbers Full Moon Ropeup at beautiful Bridge Creek campground outside Leavenworth, Washington for a weekend of camaradie, climbing and communication. Participate in the trail project, gear swap, or campfire tales.

Events planned for this fun filled event include: beginning climber toprope/mini instructional clinics, trail project, Saturday afternoon potluck, raffle to benefit the Access Fund and the American Alpine Journal, slide presentations and safety demonstrations, a pancake breakfast Sunday, and free gear giveaways.

Event is FREE and open to all ages. Free camping at Bridge Creek Group Campground until full.Overflow camping nearby.

Sponsored by: Cascadeclimbers.com, Marmot, The American Alpine Club, Omega Pacific, Outdoor Research, The Access Fund,The Pike Place Market News, Cascade Crags, Pro Mountain Sports, Second Ascent and the Washington Alpine Club .

PLUS, Outdoor Research should be stewarding the kegs of Pyramid Brewery at the Ropeup as well... they had heard about Rat's performance hoarding the group pitcher at last years ropeup, however, and he has been 86'd from the beer garden.

Beck said:

Beck - I don't think these two things are mutually exclusive. Don't get me wrong because I really appreciate what you're doing to pull this together, but I'd hate to see the rope up become some stale social event dominated by signing waivers and requests for money from the AAC and Access Fund (I already donate) with limited opportunity for fun and frolic.

Can we still climb at night by the full moon after enjoying a few beers or will that be in violation of someone's insurance? Can we still take over Castle Rock and Pearly Gates en masse or will that be considered poor stewardship? Can we watch AlpineK's entertaining way of starting a campfire?