Madrone Wall Trailbuilding Events #'s 1 & 2

elaine

Calling all climbers!

It's time to get our hands dirty once again!

Join us for the first 3 weekends in November from 9am-3pm

each Saturday and Sunday. Come for one day, or pitch in for more!

Below are more of the details from our FB page, but we will be out there:

-Sat/Sun Nov. 5th & 6th from 9am-3pm

-Sat/Sun Nov. 12th & 13th from 9am-3pm

-Sat/Sun Nov. 19th & 20th from 9am-3pm

Please register for each event you plan to attend on the Trailkeepers of Oregon website: http://www.trailkeepersoforegon.org/events/#Madrone

Thanks so much!

Kellie Rice

President, MWPC

Our FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/336410606751038/

Parking will be on site in the newly constructed parking lot, along the road leading up, and there is also a small gravel space for several cars near 197th and HWY 224. The site is just about 2 miles east of Carver on HWY 224 and just west of 197th.

What to wear: Boots ( no sneakers allowed!), long pants, long shirt, glasses (safety, sunglasses, prescription), work gloves.

What to bring: rain gear, change of clothes for afterwards (optional), hard hats if you have your own. Lunch, snacks and water.

What to expect: minimal hiking, steep and uneven slopes, rocky sections, and POISON OAK! It is out there and especially near the wall.

What will be provided: tools, hard hats, & safety glasses.

What you get for volunteering: Oodles of good karma and good juju!

Thanks for sharing and promoting our event to help spread the word! Maybe the climbing gyms and outdoor shops want to have a fun comp to see how many volunteers they can rally to show up?

See you there, and THANKS!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there - but are you specifically saying that you'll have all the shovels, mattoxes and other rude implements of destruction and we bring nothing not mentioned?

Thanks to both you and Keith for hanging in for the blessed end game. Hopefully!

ps, nevermind, clicked the Trailkeepers link you provided, they sound like good folks who undoubtedly have plenty of implements, see you there 1st sat at least and need to evaluate with other people the other dates. I'll bring a rotohammer and some expanding cement that Steve Lyford gave/loaned me in case either is needed. Both of which I will leave in the car of course unless needed.

As a friendly reminder, please sign up at the Trailkeepers of Oregon link if you are planning to come out to any of the sessions. Pat and Elaine from the TKO are assisting us with this massive project, and it helps them with organization and putting volunteers with our trailbuilding leaders.

http://www.trailkeepersoforegon.org/events/#Madrone

Thanks!

Kellie

Real nice connecting and getting it started today. They will need folks tomorrow as some old people *cough* take a day off to recover:-) Got to watch Ian Caldwell be an animal as he threw boulders around today and we made stairs. Very impressive:-) Met lots of nice folks too. They can still use volunteers, click the link upthread. Turns out I'd met some of the trailkeepers (Elaine for sure, maybe Ron too) as I passed them when they were working on Cape Horn trail last summer. I didn't know it was an official thing and said hi and thanked them. I'm glad to know about that organization now and plan on being more of a regular to help out with the good work they do.