WTB 40-50l pack. BOUGHT PACK

fuzzymuzzle

Something for general alpine travel and weekends. Prefer hydration compatible, removable hip belt, frame and top lid. I'm about a 19" torso but some of the one size packs in this range feel too short. Tried on a Lowe Alpine Attack last night, felt constricted. Really like Crux but $250 is too steep right now. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated!

Update:

Went with a 2014 unused Black Diamond Speed 40

Edited by fuzzymuzzle

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have a Black Diamond Shadow, 45L. This has been an excellent all around alpine climbing pack - reasonably light, surprisingly durable, nice crampon and tool attachments. Big enough for a week or so in the summer, three or so days in the winter. Carries and climbs well. My torso is 19 3/4", and the fit of this pack is spot on.

This pack did suffer an unprovoked snafflehound attack, so there are some chew marks on the hip belt, but it does not affect the integrity of the pack. The rodent also chewed off the sternum strap which I replaced with a DIY one that works just fine.

The top lid is removable, the hip belt not. Frame is probably removable. Hydration bladder compatible.

Regarding the CRUX packs, I just popped on a CRUX AX 50, which is really light and maybe a bit smaller than the Shadow. Frankly, in many ways I like the Shadow better, but I don't need two packs that are basically the same size.

I don't really have a price in mind, so that is negotiable. If you are interested you can email me at Daniel-p-smith@hotmail.com.