advice wanted

Getting pretty antsy to have an extended international experience. I'm an experienced bartender (cocktail/wine/beer etc) and have held numerous serving positions. I know that doesn't open a whole lot of financial possibilities for me, but was wondering if there was a country y'all would recommend I'd check out. Bonus points for specific cities.

I could learn Spanish as I have somewhat of a base.

I speak Polish, but don't really want to live there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany seems to have the loosest immigration laws in Western Europe. My folks have retired and spend a good part of the year in France, and have talked about moving there. My dad said as long as you don't want to try to get a job or be a drain on their social welfare network, you can move there fairly easily. In other words, if you are independently wealthy...

My wife and I looked into moving to New Zealand when we were younger, and it looked pretty doable, but we both had in demand skills (civil engineer and software developer) and assets.

I've heard that if you want to live in Chamonix, the way to do it is on a student visa and then find some job working under the table.