possible limited access to Sisters Wilderness, Ore

dfhkvs

Huh, it will be interesting to see the outcome of this. I've been in there several times and never felt particularly crowded. They already limit camping near the popular lakes on the southside and are now going to consider limiting entry.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/exports/newsletters/main/4638633-151/forest-service-considers-limiting-use-in-three-sisters

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Well, it is bound to happen. It happened to Mt Whitney. Probably should happen to Smith Rock. Also happened at Alpine Lakes. I'm sixty and there was no one around when I started backpacking and climbing, so impact wasn't an issue.

Just suggesting go explore areas where no one else is around. Eventually the crowds will catch up to those places too.

Unfortunately, our EcoPrint just gets larger the farther we run away i.e. fossil fuel consumption. Indoor climbing gyms actually have less of an Ecoprint then all the hoards driving to escape the hoards.

Environmental morals/ethics wasn't being espoused that much in 'my daze'. Sure it was there, Sierra club etc. Now those same clubs send you a bunch of throw away SWAG with membership.