Trip Report Issue

olyclimber

Hi All,

As many of you know, there is an issue with our Trip Reports (well actually its the whole site) function that is not allowing you to write a TR external (such as in Word or another text editor) and paste it into a TR. Very frustrating!

While we are working on the issue as much as we can, keep in mind that this site is really a volunteer resource. We make a little money, but that is just enough to pay the hosting bill. And some how, over the years, we got busy and had kids, and all sort of things that eat into our time yet are somehow equally important. So we understand you might be frustrated and so are we. If only we had more time in our days! But we will get to it, promise.

Anyway for now if you're having the issue, Timmy has given me a work around you can run your TR through before pasting it into CC.com. This will allow you to copy/paste till we fix the issue!

http://www.articleformatter.com/

Paste your TR in there and press "Format". This will take you to the formatted tab. Then copy your TR out of that and paste it into the TR on CC.com. Then it will actually save!

Post your questions about this particular process here if you have any. We hope to have this issue resolved soon, and then this will no longer be necessary.

And thanks to Timmy for sharing this work around! You da man Timmay!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm going to cautiously say that I may have fixed this issue. I was looking at another issue that myself and another user were having, and when I found the solution to that I thought to try this issue out again and I can't seem to reproduce it.

Basically, cutting and pasting a large TR into a new TR is working for me right now.

I won't call it fixed till others confirm that the issue is gone for them as well. Hopefully that was it, but if it wasn't then let me know because I've developed a theory about the issue and where I can look to fix it if it still exists....

Well I'm having mixed results, so not really to declare the bug dead, but i think i have a good lead on it. Things are working that didn't work before (I am able to copy a large blob of text and paste it into a TR/post, and have it show), but i'm not having 100% success ( in one case it failed again, in an old post). Please let me know what you're seeing...either here or PM me. thank you.