Olympic Scrambles

olyclimber

This is sort of open ended, but I'm just looking for other people who might have time to scramble/climb peaks on the eastern side of the Olympics this summer.

I have a list of peaks I want to get up, and all should have awesome views if the weather is good.

I'm not picky as long as its in the alpine so hit me up if you have something in mind...over wise I definitely do. Nothing too hard, unless you want to lead it all. I don't care if it is a backcountry schwack, a scramble, or just a trail...all good to me.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've up to the Anderson glacier (or what is left of it) a couple of times but never up either peak. I do want to go tag at least Anderson, but figured it to be something I would prefer to do in 3 days to properly enjoy the climb and area. Camp up at the glacier, etc. Longer approach with the road out, though bikes make that extra 11 better!

My lower back went out this week, so I'm debating what I'm gonna do. May just hike up to the Upper Lena and check things out up there both days...been a while and I've never spent the night at the upper lake before.

Lets get out there this summer! Wesside4life!

If you're interested I saw pics of Bretherton from last weekend it still has some snow left for patchy rock boarding. Was going to head to Rainier or HWY 20 tomorrow but something local also sounds like a great idea. Brothers would also be awesome

Sam

So I'm guessing probably not haha. Let me know if you want to do Upper Lena! Lena itself is snow free (bummer. tried to make it there in 5 ft of powder multiple times this winter) but the Bretherton chutes would be fun to mess around on for a day.

Still on my list for this summer(though I can't go this weekend):

Pershing

Washington and Ellinor one day trip

Skokomish (combine with one of my favorite places in the world, Mt Stone)

Anderson

Jupiter schwak from the north, via the lakes

Iron Mt/Worthington