Rainier 2/9-10?

divestoclimb

Anyone interested in making an attempt on Mt Rainier next week on Tuesday and Wednesday? Weather forecast looks promising. I'd also be up for any other mountain that's high and has an accessible trailhead. Baker? Snowking?

Among other things, I've summited Rainier twice in the summer via DC, also have some climbs of Baker in less than ideal conditions. All of this was either unguided or I was one of the guides. Avy 1. Prepping for Denali. Some easy ice and backcountry ski experience too.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested but I work Tuesday. I'm available monday, Wednesday, Thursday. I'd be down to try rainier Wednesday-Thursday. I also wanna do a day trip of baker, St. Helens or hood (skiing) and could do any of those any day day but Tuesday.

Email me if interested:

Tk421@thatcherkelley.com

• 2 weeks later...

did you guys end up doing this trip? if so did you use skis the whole way or walk? which route? conditions? navy hazard?

I'm asking cause i am into doing a ski ascent (this winter). I'm under the impression winter ascents are best done from paradise, and am i right to say the DC is the typical winter route?