The North Face Chamois Goose Down Filled Mummy Bag

normankirk

Classic TNF, brown label Chamois. Inspected and rejuvenated.

I have a TNF Chamois vintage 1975 goose down filled mummy bag. 0 degree's rated. This was acquired on e-bay and it looked pretty good until I went to wash it. I was spot treating with Nikwax down wash and discovered a torn seam held together with a safety pin in the foot box on the inside. There's a seamstress here in Estes Park who repairs gear for me so we went over the entire bag and she fixed the torn seam and reinforced some others. I repaired 2 spark holes and a frayed spot with tiny nylon patches and Seam Grip. They held up very well through washing and drying. The bag has now been washed with the Nikwax and it came out very nice. The loft is very good and now needs nothing and is ready to use. This is not an old beat up bag. The previous owner said that it was used for 3 years in the 70's and then camping once and a while through the 80's. It had been hanging in his closet since then. He said it had never been washed. Its appearance since washing is near new. I'm not keeping it because it turns out to be a regular and not a large as advertised. If it is of interest to you, I'm asking $150.00 shipped to your location.

- Hooded mummy bag

- Goose down filled. Rated to 0 degree's.

- Size regular fits to 6' tall, left zip.

- 6" slant box baffle construction.

- Box foot construction

- German #10 Optilon coil zipper in good shape backed with a draft flap.

- Dark Blue, 1.9 Ounce Ripstop Nylon

- Weighs 3lbs, 10 ounces

DSC05291_640x361_.jpgDSC05292_361x640_.jpgDSC05294_640x361_.jpgDSC05295_640x361_.jpgDSC05296_640x361_.jpgDSC05300_640x361_.jpgDSC05301_640x361_.jpgDSC05305_640x361_.jpgDSC05306.JPG

Edited by normankirk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...