Easy ice/alpine/BC ski partners this winter

Todd Anderson

I moved to Seattle in August, so I'm not very familiar with the winter climbing scene here. This is also the first winter away from ski racing, meaning I'll have time to climb every weekend.

I have been leading on rock since 2011, and I consider myself fairly competent on long multipitch rock routes, e.g. several up or on Cannon Cliff, NH; the Original Route on Rainbow Wall in Red Rocks, NV; and simul fun in the Wind Rivers, WY. However, I have almost no experience when it comes to ice climbing and mountaineering (because I was always skiing instead). I have followed ice up to WI5+ (Mindbender, Lake Willoughby, VT), but I could count the number of ice and mixed pitches I've done (TR'd or followed) on both hands. I've never led ice.

With that in mind, is anyone interested in taking an ice/alpine n00b up easy winter routes on weekends? Even if you just need someone to belay you on your project, that's okay, as long as I get to thrutch up it on TR afterwards. I would love to get my first ice lead in sometime this winter.

I'll be out of town Dec 18-Jan 3, but on virtually all other weekends (including this one) I'm interested in activities involving a combination of tools, axes, skis, etc.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days