Climbs around (southern? central?) Oregon ...

brenton

Hey, total foreigner newbie here. To the point where I can barely describe the area I'm trying to get information on.

The long and short of it is that my girlfriend, 7 year old kid and myself are planning a small trip around a bit of OR.

Our route is Portland to Smith Rock (of course) down to Diamond Lake then home via the Eugene/Salem route so I'm looking for anything within an hour or two from that circuit.

I have ordered the relevant guidebooks but they're taking forever to get here so was wondering if you guys could help me suss out some climbs suitable for the young buck, the internet is being a bit hit or miss with beta.

The kids new to climbing so I'd mostly be doing top rope. Routes up to 5.8 maybe? I'll have a trad rack so setting up anchors for TR is no big deal. No fixed anchors required.

So please, any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

ps: mega apologies if I've gone and posted this in the wrong forum.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Mountain Project.com is still around for beta?

Flagstone might have what you are looking for. Kid friendly. 25 minutes south on gravel roads off McKenzie Pass Hwy. Turn off at Finn Rock.

Agree, flagstone is definitely the best easy climbing you will find remotely close to your route.