Seattle Pubclub is reborn!

olyclimber

Hey folks, we have gotten together with the Northwest Chapter of the American Alpine Club to restart a regular pubclub. The first one is NEXT WEEK, June 25th starting at 7pm, and going till the last one leaves! If you can't make this one, it will be every third Thursday of the month.

There is a Facebook page for the ongoing event, if you are a Facebook user:

https://www.facebook.com/events/921164741273901/

The long lost tradition of pub night is back.

Come join the The American Alpine Club and CascadeClimbers at the Bergshrund in Ballard the third Thursday of each month. Spray some beta and psych over beers with other local climbers. You never know, you might just run into some local legends while you are there..

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm not good at dates (just ask my wife) but I think this Thursday is the third, and I hear they still have beer in Ballard. The Facebook page hasn't been updated for almost a year, but I think I'm going to show up and hope to meet some of you all! I'll be a tall skinny blond dude with his left arm in a sling. I'll regale you all with the tale if you like.

By all means pubclub in its true spirit is just people getting together for beer. don't need any other motivation that that!

been too busy to do anything, but you all should just go for it!

make sure you wear something that identifies yourself as a cc.com oddball. :brew::moondance::grlaf: baa :ass:

Well, I didn't find anyone there for the CC/AAC meet up, but I did manage to crash Kevin's birthday party and score a free piece of cake. Then I regaled my beer with the harrowing tale of my semi-conquest of almost half of Green Giant Buttress with Warren last weekend, including our encounter with an evil wizard disguised as a toad, who cursed us when we refused to answer his stupid riddle. Yeah, he parked his car and got toad. We get it. We probably shouldn't have trundled him off the trail. Ultimately I think this is the real reason I dislocated my shoulder on the way down the approach scramble.

Kevin says he'd like to see us back, though!