Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

Wrong again

For a family of four with earned income of $60,000 you can expect a federal tax bill of $2,573. The deduction and exemptions are $10,700 and $13,600 so your taxable income is $35,700. The federal tax rate for married filing jointly on that is $4,573. Plus such a family would get the child tax credit for each child for 2 x $1000 totaling $2,000. So the total tax is $2,573.

The combined social security and Medicare tax rate is 7.65%. So for income of $60,000 you'd be giving $4,590 to SS and Medicare.

And if you look at the summary of tax burden per major cities, Seattle is about 6.5%. http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/taxburden/

So no, with some facts I’m not seeing anything close to 30% as you claim.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wrote a check to Pierce County in the amount of $3863.

00--for the privilege of living in my own home for another year. Last year, I paid more than twenty thousand/less than thirty thousand dollars in federal taxes--income and capital gains on trades that never placed a dime of liquidity in my hands. I make less than you and your wife.

You are simply wrong, Jim.

Wrong again

For a family of four with earned income of $60,000 you can expect a federal tax bill of $2,573. The deduction and exemptions are $10,700 and $13,600 so your taxable income is $35,700. The federal tax rate for married filing jointly on that is $4,573. Plus such a family would get the child tax credit for each child for 2 x $1000 totaling $2,000. So the total tax is $2,573.

The combined social security and Medicare tax rate is 7.65%. So for income of $60,000 you'd be giving $4,590 to SS and Medicare.

And if you look at the summary of tax burden per major cities, Seattle is about 6.5%. http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/taxburden/

So no, with some facts I’m not seeing anything close to 30% as you claim.

I haven't made 60K since like 1995. :ass:

00--for the privilege of living in my own home for another year. Last year, I paid more than twenty thousand/less than thirty thousand dollars in federal taxes--income and capital gains on trades that never placed a dime of liquidity in my hands. I make less than you and your wife.

Jim just likes his little left-wing narratives way too much.

I like how he extrapolates to the point of ridiculous and projects too. so cute.

At least for that $3863 the fire department will show up at your place on demand and the police will protect you from looters. OK maybe they'll show up after the event but at least they'll show up.

I for one wouldn't show up at your placed unless you signed a contract agreeing to pay me more than $3863.

Lets face it Republicans want the White house in order to declare new wars on Iran and a yet to be named country. The only job teachers should have is to get kids ready for either military duty or work for $3.35/hr part time at Walmart or Hobby Lobby. Of course those companies will help employees sign up for food stamps...

I like how he extrapolates to the point of ridiculous and projects too. so cute.

I'd say I've provided a good summary for a family of four and their tax burden for feds, local, and state - and providing you with the source of information - which shows a tax burden in the teens -- no where near the 30% you claim.

If that really is the case I'd suggest you trot over to H&R Block next season as you are fumbling your tax returns. Or let me do it -- I manage our funds quite successfully.

At least for that $3863 the fire department will show up at your place on demand and the police will protect you from looters. OK maybe they'll show up after the event but at least they'll show up.

I for one wouldn't show up at your placed unless you signed a contract agreeing to pay me more than $3863.

Lets face it Republicans want the White house in order to declare new wars on Iran and a yet to be named country. The only job teachers should have is to get kids ready for either military duty or work for $3.35/hr part time at Walmart or Hobby Lobby. Of course those companies will help employees sign up for food stamps...

Well done! Using actual words. This is real progress, SK. Now, I want to hear more about this storm that is coming. Are we talking, like, kagaroo courts with firing squads for landlords n'shit? Go big or go home!

I'd say I've provided a good summary for a family of four and their tax burden for feds, local, and state - and providing you with the source of information - which shows a tax burden in the teens -- no where near the 30% you claim.

If that really is the case I'd suggest you trot over to H&R Block next season as you are fumbling your tax returns. Or let me do it -- I manage our funds quite successfully.

H&R block: trained monkeys typing data into TurboTax. Yeah, sounds like a plan. I doubt you're much higher on the evolutionary scale. :wave:

Well done! Using actual words. This is real progress, SK. Now, I want to hear more about this storm that is coming. Are we talking, like, kagaroo courts with firing squads for landlords n'shit? Go big or go home!

Funny thing about revolutions and killing off the "rich" - guys doing stuff paid for by the "rich" suddenly have no clientele. Fucking landlords. Oops, that guy paid me 2K last year for some tree work.

H&R block: trained monkeys typing data into TurboTax. Yeah, sounds like a plan. I doubt you're much higher on the evolutionary scale. :wave:

Dude. If you're paying 30% in taxes you are definitely doing something wrong. Odd that a left winger can more successfully navigate the tax system, eh?

Would that cover the insurance and possible law suit resulting from falling off a ladder in his yard? I'm sure he'd say "no thanks"

You really don't know a thing about hiring a contractor. Not that I'm surprised. :lmao:

https://secure.lni.wa.gov/verify/

In any case I'd probably hire MattP to draw up a contract for working with Fairweather and include the cost in the contract.

Dude. If you're paying 30% in taxes you are definitely doing something wrong. Odd that a left winger can more successfully navigate the tax system, eh?

Again, we are talking about total taxation not just federal income tax. Are you fucking retarded? Or just such a brain-addled libtard you can't actually stop and register a point?

And again, you are making assumptions about my income... and also on your own intellect and abilities to navigate tax forms. I'd eat you for lunch and shit you out on any intellectual topic. You are just not worth my time. :wave:

Again, we are talking about total taxation not just federal income tax. Are you fucking retarded? Or just such a brain-addled libtard you can't actually stop and register a point?

And again, you are making assumptions about my income... and also on your own intellect and abilities to navigate tax forms. I'd eat you for lunch and shit you out on any intellectual topic. You are just not worth my time. :wave:

I know exactly what you are talking about. The full tax burden of federal taxes, state and local real estate taxes, sales taxes, levees, etc. Really! If you are paying 30% in taxes of your income then yes--- you are doing something wrong.

You really don't know a thing about hiring a contractor. Not that I'm surprised. :lmao:

I hired an arborist last year, actually, to trim my 60 year old oak tree. If you were actually a reasonable person on spray and not such an asshole, I may have hired you. The guys that did the work were super nice, and I'll hire them again - I've got a stump that needs removed too.

No doubt Jim is investing heavily in healthcare funds. Morningstar has a particularly good return rate.

Anti-capitalist capitalists. Gotta love em. Just add a full cup of corruption for a serving of the Clinton orthodoxy.

Nope. Probably the simplest strategy of all. Don't spend much and a acquire no debt -- or if you do then pay it off ASAP

No doubt Jim is investing heavily in healthcare funds. Morningstar has a particularly good return rate.

Anti-capitalist capitalists. Gotta love em. Just add a full cup of corruption for a serving of the Clinton orthodoxy.

Nope. Probably the simplest strategy of all. Don't spend much and a acquire no debt -- or if you do then pay it off ASAP

:tup: Finally.

I would just add this: If you do accrue debt--student debt in particular--don't expect the rest of us to pick up the tab.

:tup: Finally.

I would just add this: If you do accrue debt--student debt in particular--don't expect the rest of us to pick up the tab.

But, FW, education is sooo expensive! It should be "free" - just like it is in "all the other developed nations".

Had very little student debt as I always worked. Same for my kid.

But nice try