Favorite Quote

LUCKY

Here is my favorite Quote has anyone else have a Fav?

I agree with those who say that climbing is not life. It is much better than that. In climbing you get nothing other than what you absolutely deserve. It has no skin color, no gender, no rules that matter, and no lawyers, referees, or pushy parents .You can’t get any more than exactly what you put into it. There are no dead ends in climbing, no barriers other than the ones we impose upon ourselves .the blend of skill, boldness, and the desire of each route is unique unto itself and yet connected to every other route as is if within one long and contiguous passage. Life is hard on dreams, and even harder on dreamers. Climbing was built for them. For in climbing success and failure both lead to the same place, to new resolves and new possibilities. Life should be so good.

From Stone Palaces by Geof Childs

Climbing access advocate :wave:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."”

“I named my dog Stay, so I can say, 'Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!”

“If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But only if you're serious about adopting the vulture.”

This recent one from Pat should be nestled between some Twain and Churchill'isms and cracked me up:

Should Ivan no long require his mortal coil, I'm going to have it freeze dried in his signature reclining position enjoying a Merit while sporting his infamous FAWK bucket, to which I'm going to bolt a glass coffee table top. This, along with its matching bofa, will be the centerpiece for my new 'living' room. Lighting will be constructed from highly reflective box burgundy bags - for that disco feeling.

A pair of unwashed ACME pants will be draped over the heating duct for a full sensory experience so appreciated by some."

Haha, good stuff Pat. 'Fraid to ask about the "Bofa" as I already have a strong visual. Must stand for "Boyfriends Sofa" or "Bitches Sofa"?

"Climbing hard--and "hard" is always relative--involves making moves that feel improbable, and continuing when the situation seems nearly hopeless."

-Arno Illgner, The Rock Warriors Way

"The difference between getting to the last move and doing the last move could be a month of training."

-Jerry Moffatt, Revelations