Summer Partner(s) who wouldn't mind a new climber

Bdubs

Looking to get into climbing this year. I will be taking a 6 day course on Baker with American Alpine Institute in mid-June when I'm done with school, and hope to do as much summer climbing as I can after that. I do not have any glacier travel experience at this point, but am an Eagle Scout and have done a solid amount of backpacking over the last couple years (around 50 nights). One of my backpacking trips was 3-weeks of difficult hiking in the 7,000-12,500 ft range with 45-55 pound pack, I lead a 1.5 week trip in the same area, and I have a good base of general outdoor knowledge/experience. I'm looking to climb Baker (during my climbing class), Adams, some other introductory Cascade peaks, and Rainier (my main hope). I am currently getting into better shape, practicing my knots and reading up on mountaineering skills/techniques. I value safety over all else and appreciate any advice or help! If any of you wouldn't mind a novice tagging along later in the year, that'd be sweet! Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind taking newer people along. I am usually looking for partners in the summer, particularly those that can get out mid-week. It is a long way off for me to start planning trips, but once the summer rolls around in June, send me a PM or something and we can see about connecting for something. Good luck with your AAI course and keep reading!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, it's been awhile but I used to be fairly regular here! Anyways, looking for someone that can play/hike/climb/get outdoors on Friday and Saturdays here in the Seattle area....and/or...wait for it....join me In the gym (Sportsrock to be specific) In WA DC on Tues or Wednesday evenings. yes...I do the coast to coast commute weekly...which is why I literally have Friday and Saturdays here....PM me if you can play!