Index new route info

Rad

So who's got beta on all the new routes at Index? I know there are a lot.

Maybe y'all can use this thread as a place to tell others what gems have been uncovered so they can be climbed to keep the moss at bay.

I have to admit the regular break-ins and window smashings affect my willingness to park in the main lot. Are there any thoughtful strategies for how to address this? Cameras? Don't say hide in the bushes with a baseball bat - that's unoriginal and going after an armed meth head on your own is just plain stupid.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coach of UW Rock fame has taken up permanent residence at Index. He lives in a van down by the river. I think if you park near his encampment he would scare any potential thieves away. Bring him a peace offering of tin foil so he can make a new hat.

Edited by DPS

As for recent break-ins, two vehicles had windows smashed in the main lot last Saturday and one had gear stolen from it. Parking at the Bush House or campground area seems to be the better bet.

Regarding new routes, there is a new downloadable guidebook for Index on rakkup.com and info regarding current cleanings, etc, gets regularly posted on the Climb Index Facebook page here: Climb Index!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit the regular break-ins and window smashings affect my willingness to park in the main lot. Are there any thoughtful strategies for how to address this? Cameras? Don't say hide in the bushes with a baseball bat - that's unoriginal and going after an armed meth head on your own is just plain stupid.

For the busier times, someone could set up a concession stand in the parking lot. Sell drinks, cookies, chalk, and tape. Make a little money and keep a watch out for shady characters.

For the busier times, someone could set up a concession stand in the parking lot. Sell drinks, cookies, chalk, and tape. Make a little money and keep a watch out for shady characters.

Not a bad idea

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 2/26/2015 at 1:14 PM, Rakkup Rob said:

The rakkup guidebook that Sherri mentioned is at Index Rock Climbs . There's an Android version out now as well as iPhone. Matt and Chris did a helluva job and should have some great updates for it out this Spring (which existing customers will get for free...)

Rakkup Rob is marketing for Rakkup. His email ends in rakkup.com.

Please buy local guide books to support local guidebook authors, who have local knowledge and have likely invested hundreds of hours into research. Odds are good they are also local route developers who have put hundreds of hours into scrubbing and prepping the lines you want to climb.