Good Food- Marblemount

Whatcomboy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That place was a disgusting health hazard. Based on the amount of trash piled up around the building and the filth visible in the kitchen I couldn't believe the state hadn't shut it down. Maybe they finally did.

Fwiw there is an really excellent burger joint in Concrete right where the speed trap starts. Great quick food.

Good Food: used to be good. Until the husband/ trained chef left in 05. I remember sitting in there with Josh after the NPick traverse, the wife was taking the news of his departure well, leaving it "all in the lords hands" > The 10 spawn were only concerned with crowding around the 1 computer in the side seating. It went down hill after that. the kids tried but must have lost interest, and moved away. Burger Barn is fine the Marblemount diner is about the best right now.

What about the burger joint next to the gas station in Darrington? Has anyone checked it out?

Burger Barn = :tup:...so long as you're into good ole fashiond burgers/n/fries and such

You can sit at the picnic table with your grub and sip a brew from the gas station!

Good Food: used to be good. Until the husband/ trained chef left in 05. I remember sitting in there with Josh after the NPick traverse, the wife was taking the news of his departure well, leaving it "all in the lords hands" > The 10 spawn were only concerned with crowding around the 1 computer in the side seating. It went down hill after that. the kids tried but must have lost interest, and moved away. Burger Barn is fine the Marblemount diner is about the best right now.

Indeed, "The Good Lord" apparently saw fit to do what the state of Washington did not, which was shut down Good Food. :noway::hcluv:

While TLC may glorify over-populating uber-christian nutbags (http://www.duggarfamily.com/), the reality of Marblemount displayed what is likely a more typical existance of this sort. :crosseye::mistat: 8D

On the upside, it's always possible the great gods of universal irony will see fit to placing a brewery with awesome food in its place? :rocken::brew: One can always hope...

R.I.P. Good Food. ::skull::

Who here remembers Mountain Song that used to be where the Buffalo Run is now? I still miss the salad bar and hippie vibes.

ah yes... who could possibly forget the "each entree delivered to the table on one hour intervals" vibe.... but on the other hand, lots of extra time for beer....

• 1 month later...

On the upside, it's always possible the great gods of universal irony will see fit to placing a brewery with awesome food in its place? :rocken::brew: One can always hope...

You can always hit up Birdsview Brewing, just west of Concrete. The wife and I try to hit it up on our way out of the North Cascades. Their food is ok, but they do have some good microbrew.

Edited by Apdavids

• 2 weeks later...