Chair Peak rescue, Saturday Sept 6

DPS

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the heli crew has been very busy lately, I watched a helicopter land near the Heather Meadows interpretive center on Saturday and another one flying around the hairpin at Washington Pass yesterday. I don't know if I could pick out the difference between a standard life flight heli and the HRT heli so I'm not sure who I was watching on either day.

Edited by Jason4

Hey Will, I was actually going to post on your strava segment with the new info I got but I might as well post here for anyone else who is curious. I did the might Mount Si last Saturday and on the way down SAR was called out to help someone descend after being rendered non-ambulatory by calf cramps.

I talked to the SAR guys who seemed pretty bored in the parking lot and they said that the Chair peak rescue was not any of the climbers who summited that day. It was a solo hiker with some rock climbing experience from Eastern Washington who was hiking/climbing low on Chair peak and who took a fall. They said his face looked messy from sliding on the rocks but was not in too bad of shape. He was rescued by the helicopter just fine as you can see in the video.

I know SAR organizations often have a newsletter to discuss rescues so maybe more details will emerge but this one seems pretty mundane.