[TR] Slesse Triple - East Pillar, Nav Wall, NEB

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on the SE Gully!

Also, get after the East Face next year! It'd be so rad to see that thing repeated. And thanks for the glacier condition beta- my partner and I went out and sent a few days before your trip. Looks like it was a busy week on Slesse!

I'm working for a topo on the SE descent, but I definitely need to clarify that it is a good deal more technical than the standard descent off the summit tower, just in terms of 5th class downclimbing. It's really fast if you are comfortable with it, involves less hiking than the crossover pass route and takes you directly back to the propeller cairn. I'll post a link to the route description when I am finished, hopefully it works for some other folks as well.

WOW. Considering the rock quality and sheer amount of elevation and alpine terrain covered thats as bad-assed a day of soloing as I've ever heard of anyone accomplishing anywhere. Completely unbelievable to cover that much ground in twelve hours. I hope people start buying plane tickets to the Karakorum immediately

Hmmmm...

But is there enough good rock there to affix rappels? Or is it simply a thousand foot slab descent when you get onto where the Slesse glacier would be?

Yes there are anchors available for the rappels, and once you are on the slabs at the base of Navigator Wall the slabs are an easy 15 minute walk back to the propeller cairn. The topo is done and will appear on a different site soon enough, I will link that page to here once it is uploaded. cheers!