Police kill unarmed journalist

num1mc

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck. You could make an argument that police shouldn't be firing their weapons unless they know it's safe for everyone except the intended target, but the reality is that when it's shoot-or-die, you shoot. Regardless.

RIP. At least he died rich.

This is my 187th post, yaherd.

PP - what difference does it make that the guy was unarmed? Would they have been justified in accidentally shooting an armed "journalist?" Fucking stupid ass article title.

Edited by Ben Beckerich

Police certainly are obligated to shoot only their intended target. Anything less means they are putting their own lives over the lives of the citizens they are supposedly sworn to protect. In other words, this particular cop cared more about emptying his gun to stop a perceived threat to his own safety than he did the safety of an innocent man. I suppose I understand the instinct, but aren't cops supposed to have the wherewithal and training to resist this scorched-earth type of response?

So, I'm not sure I agree with you this time, Ben--but I'm glad we're an armed citizenry nowadays, for sure. And by the looks of things lately we might eventually be needing more than muskets and single-action revolvers.

140817112704-ferguson-police-shooting-missouri-horizontal-gallery.jpg

I suppose I understand the instinct, but aren't cops supposed to have the wherewithal and training to resist this scorched-earth type of response?

A nice thought, but impossible. Cops have self-preservation instinct and it'll override any level of training you give them. But it just so happens that their training is usually to preserve your own life at all costs first, everyone else's second. Cops aren't secret service- they aren't taking a bullet for anyone, nor are they checking their fire in the face of death.

But it just so happens that their training is usually to preserve your own life at all costs first, everyone else's second. Cops aren't secret service- they aren't taking a bullet for anyone, nor are they checking their fire in the face of death.

If this is true--and apparently it is--then the already growing animosity toward police will just continue to harden. Not just in places like Furguson--and not just from the so-called underclass--but from ordinary law-and-order folks who are really getting tired of this shit. That picture I posted says it all; these soldier-wannabees need to have their toys taken away and submit to a new training mindset.

So, I'm not sure I agree with you this time, Ben--but I'm glad we're an armed citizenry nowadays, for sure. And by the looks of things lately we might eventually be needing more than muskets and single-action revolvers.

Since you're advocating violence against the police, I suggest you take your own advice, lead by example, and see how that works out for ya.

Since you're advocating violence against the police, I suggest you take your own advice, lead by example, and see how that works out for ya.

Fuck off, spoiled little boy. I did no such thing.

Police State: . . . "the suit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, says law enforcement met a broad public outcry over the Aug. 9 killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown with "militaristic displays of force and weaponry," (and) engaged U.S. citizens "as if they were war combatants."

Now, I understand that Pete and his LMA Seattle-area transplants would love to see this level of police protection for the Icicle Creek area--you know, to keep those "damned outsiders from telling us how to manage our local crags" n' all. But, unfortunately for Pete & Co., there are still constitutional limits in place that govern what can and cannot be done to good citizens who reside in this country of ours.

Get used to the police treating us like the enemy. I don't see the genie getting put back into the bottle any time soon. Sooner than later, we'll be under big bro's thumb where they want us... Good luck making the revolutionary stand against the most well armed/trained police/military the world has ever seen. Sure, you might hold them off for a few weeks/months (Davie Koresh style), but, you won't hold them off forever if they are out to get you and yours. Or, if you stand in their way like what is happening in MO. IMHO

Hmm, not sure about old, but whatever floats it for ya. Weird? maybe. In any event, kind of disappointing to see privileged kids like you OK with this kind of police nonsense. Sad really.

You should probably up your dose of Centrum Silver, I think your starting to get a touch of dementia, old man.