Nago vs Mythos

TwoFortyJeff

Does anyone have an experience they can share on how these two shoes compare?

I've been using Nagos and I like everything about them except that they still dye my feet red after two years. All things considered, that is a pretty minor complaint. If I switch to the Mythos, will I notice any loss in performance on slab or edging? Do they stretch out about the same?

I mainly climb easy trad up to the 5.10s.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used both of these shoes, and feel they are pretty similar in terms of performance when sized for comfort (flat toes).

The Mythos feels like it is a hair softer than the Nago. This makes it edge a little more poorly, but smear better (feels a lot better to me).

The Nago has a slightly more asymmetric design for pushing power to the big toe - Mythos is more symmetric. In theory this makes the Nago better for standing on small edges; this may be true if sized tightly, but this difference didn't seem to be material to me when sized for comfort.

The Mythos stretches so much that it can be challenging to get the right size the first time.