Sanctuary Cave, Vantage: Volunatry Closure

Frankazoid

4-10-14:

I walked up to the sanctuary cave and witnessed a Peregrine Falcon returning to her nesting site (heard little ones too), which is located on top of the cave/ cliff band, far right. It is extremely close to the routes on the far right, and I feel that walking up the noisy approach trail or anywhere around the cave could disturb these birds, so I am suggesting a voluntary closure until...

Let's help to make sure these wonderful creatures survive their infancy and give'em their space, eh?

Anybody care to post a flyer out there? I forgot to do so and won't be back anytime soon.

Edited by Frankazoid

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Peregrines can survive in New York City then I'm pretty sure they can survive in Sanctuary Cave at Vantage without a voluntary closure, no?

Not doing too bad in San Francisco either.

Ah, yea. But no one is climbing up to or around them on those skyscrapers, buildings, or bridges. They do quite well under the I5 Bridge and on the Mutual Tower downtown Seattle. Would be a good idea to give 'em a break until the youngsters fledge.

I passed this note on to the district wildlife biologist - thanks.