Ride sharing to your favorite crag!

olyclimber

1. Date: Spring and summer 2011! Mostly off Fridays and Saturdays. Will be off the whole first week of May.

2. Destination: Anacortes (Mt. Erie) is the closest crag for me but would be willing to venture further if I have transportation.

3. Origination: Orcas Island (one of the San Juans)

4. number in party: Probably just me. But if there's room, there's a friend or two who may want to come too.

5. if you can drive or not (and the mpg of your car if so).: No car. Can meet at the ferry terminal in Anacortes. Will pay for gas!

I'm a new climber who's anxious to develop my skills and enjoy the sport. I have my own shoes and harness, but no other gear. Have some training from NOLS in setting up anchors and lead climbing. Looking to learn from folks with more experience. I'm a good mix of easygoing and adventurous.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Date: Anytime starting today. I mostly work evenings and weekends. I'm looking for someone who is willing to hit the crag early (8 or 9am) for about 4 or 5 hours of climbing 2 to 3 times a week.

2. Destination: Mt. Erie, Lister's Wall, and Equinox are all within 30 minutes from me. The Pumphouse is an hour. Oyster Dome is also close, but the approach is about 2 miles. I would also like to hit exit 38 and 32, Leavenworth, and Index. if days off can be coordinated.

3. Origination: Mt. Vernon.

4. Number in party: 1 to 3. Most of the time it would just be me, but sometimes my 12 year old son (trying to get him more into climbing) as well, and possibly one other friend occassionally.

5. If you can drive or not: I can drive or you can drive. Doesn't matter. I just want to climb. I drive a Kia that gets about 30mpg.

I'm a relatively inexperienced climber. I started climbing last year, but I can lead 5.8s and easy 5.9s. I want to get in more climbing, so I can lead some 5.10s before the end of the summer. For gear, I have harness, shoes, quickdraws, and rope. Still working on building up my gear and learning as much as I can from someone a bit more experienced. But I will climb with anyone that wants to climb. PM me if you are interested or know someone that might be. Thanks!

1. Date This weekend Sat, sun, or fri pm, sat, sun

2. Destination:Wa Pass

3. Origination Seattle

4. number in party: me

5. if you can drive or not (and the mpg of your car if so). Can have prius, Meet a friend at wine spire, Will entertain Party of 3 or 4 for difficult routes

I am an Outward Bound instructor trying to get to our basecamp for a course!

1. Dates: August 10th

2. Destination: anywhere in the Mazama area

3. Origin: Seattle

4. just me

5. I am car-less! but i can drive your car if you want, and I'll definitely split gas.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This doesn't seem to be used much, but I'll give it a shot:

1. Date - Fri 6/21 evening, back Sat 6/22 evening

2. Washington Pass

3. Seattle

4. 1

5. I can rent a car/zipcar and give rides or would prefer to share an existing ride and pay for gas.

I'm meeting a partner there, so this is just for the ride.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

-September 29ish (I'm flexible by a few days)

-Yosemite

-Missoula, MT

-Just me, have room for one more, could maybe do two (it'd be tight, but could probably get it done)

-1988 Saab 900 Turbo, baby! Heading down one way and will be there for most of October. Back to Seattle probably no later than Oct. 25th. One of the best months in the Valley awaits, split some gas on the way, could even climb something when we get there! C'mon fellow Montuckians!

• 2 weeks later...

Smith Rock this week!

1. Date: Leave Seattle evening of Wednesday 9/18 or morning of Thursday 9/19.

2. Destination: Smith Rock

3. Origination: Seattle

4. number in party: Just me and you, but I'm meeting up with friends at the crag. You can probably climb with us if you want, as long as you have a decent amount of climbing experience.

5. if you can drive or not (and the mpg of your car if so).: I have a small pickup truck, and can drive. It gets low 20's MPG, so I figure it'll cost around $60-ish each way.

Return trip is Sunday 9/22, afternoon or evening.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

1. Sunday December 15th, tomorrow

2. Going to Vantage

3. Leaving from Seattle

4. just me and I have one seat.

5. I can drive and my TDI get 48mpg, your half of the gas is $13.00.

I'd like to leave Seattle at 7:30 in the AM and return when we're climbed out.

We'll be meeting a small group of Bro's over there who all climb harder than me...ha I don't care what your experience level is.

I puff.

Let's do this!

Eric

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm planning a Wonderland trail trip, but don't have transportation to the Mountain!

1. August 12th, 13th, or 14th

2. Mount Rainier NP, preferably Sunrise, Paradise, or Longmire

3. Seattle, but I can meet anywhere I can reach with an ORCA card

4. 1

5. I don't have a car. Happy to pay for all gas and park entrance fees!

Edited by StephenDM

• 1 month later...

3 going to tieton today looking for a fourth.

We are departing the 2nd at 7pm and returning the 4th.

We can take one or two cars.

Text me Eric (425) 329-5167

We have trad gear and ropes and go at it in the moderates....

Edited by Eric T

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a ride to Tupso Pass 9/24-25 for me and my bike via the canyon creek road. The bridge is still officially "closed" due to structural instability but somebody moved one of the larger boulders out of the way and people have been dog-piling to get to Three Fingers by the dozens. Shamefully, I'm one of them and am willing to pay up to $20 for a 1-way ride. The authorities are going to re-close this road Monday Sept. 26th according to MBSNFS.

If you want to hike along that's cool too.

P.M. me if you're interested. email works too: lewisdmike@gmail.com

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8022311

Edited by Mike Lewis