skis!

spionin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good lord, time flies. Wasn't he just born yesterday?

I have a buddy whose daughter is almost three and her first season on her own skis instead of in a backpack was last winter. I'll ask him if she's already outgrown her skis, or if he has any suggestions on where to find em cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a great blog post I found on it:

Part 1

Part 2

Some advice I've been given:

Old enough to walk is not necessarily old enough to ski. They need to be able to follow instructions, as skiing is not an instinctive activity. You can ski around the kiddy hill with them between your legs if you want, but I've been told by other parents that before about age 3, if you take your kids skiing, you're just doing it for yourself, not for the kids. For these reasons, and the advice in the blog post I copied, I'm wainting until after my daughter turns 3 this winter if she seems mature and patient enough to follow my instructions. But if you take your kid earlier, and have a good experience. Please share here.

Edited by E-rock

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

We started our kids at 2. Get a Big S pass for kids to Snoqualmie, just for the kid. The Magic Carpet at Summit West is perfect for 2 year olds. You will spend a lot of time there hiking up and down as your trooper gets the hang of it.

Once they graduate from the Magic Carpet, you can ride Little Thunder, at Summit West, which works out really well.

Buying boots that were small enough and fit was the crux. If you go to Stutevants they have used equipment on consign every fall.