Buying Gear Online?

Use our price tool to find the best price on any piece or gear or clothing. Purchases using this tool support cc.com.

Supporting Sponsors

Pro Mountain Sports
Alpine Light Down Parka 14.4oz

CC.com PubClub
Come out to CC.com Pubclub!
Click here for details!
Who's Online
17 registered (Good2Go, jakedouglas, 8 invisible), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
26475 Members
52 Forums
97716 Topics
1133359 Posts

Max Online: 627 @ 12/18/06 12:02 AM
Top TR Contributors
ivan 111
tvashtarkatena 99
KaskadskyjKozak 92
off_the_hook 90
danhelmstadter 88
JasonG 83
AlpineK 69
telemarker 68
wayne 66
G-spotter 57
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Spray | Spray-free Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spray
Jump to new posts Re: Go Bernie by Pete_H @ 5 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ben BeckerichOriginally Posted By: Pete_HOriginally Posted By: kevboneHe is going to be trouble for Hillary....my prediction is she will recognize this and ask him to be her running mate. Except that running mates aren't sele
North Cascades
Hey Matt- Do you have a complete list of the (your) Blue Collar Tour?
Spray
Jump to new posts Re: Recent Signs that the End is Near by Ben Beckerich @ Today at 01:05 PM

Apparently this robot hasn't read Asimov.
Climber's Board
Jump to new posts Re: 2 person glacier travel by diepj @ Today at 12:19 PM

I don't have a ton to add to the discussion. When I'm with 2 I always have 60m of rope to have a prayer to pulling off a rescue. Depending on what else is involved it might be a heavier single 60m but I have a pair of 8.0 30m ropes that I join toge
Lost and Found
Jump to new posts Lost BD Shovel on Inter or Emmons Glacier by Chris Keefe @ Today at 11:39 AM

Hi folks! I lost my sweetie's shovel, a BD Transfer 3, on the Inter glacier, while descending from Camp Schurman on 7/1. It has a blue blade and 2 grey handle sections like this one. I'd love to get it back and get myself out of the dog house. If
Oregon Cascades
Nice!
Oregon Cascades
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Jefferson - Jeff Park Glacier 6/21/2015 by ptownclimber @ Today at 11:29 AM

Jae, a 35m rope will require you to build another rap anchor. The anchors we found were set up for 60m.
Access Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Climbing above Camp Sheppard? by BenWA @ Today at 10:23 AM

Appreciate the insight Yak. Thanks.
Climber's Board
Jump to new posts Re: Out of control dogs at the Coulee by mr.radon @ Today at 12:25 AM

Sometimes RuMR you are the one that needs to be on a leash.
Mount Rainier NP
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Mount Rainier - Emmons Galcier 6/15/2015 by mr.radon @ Today at 12:18 AM

Awesome summit. I highly suggest a summit over night. We did a bivy at 13.5K during a meteor shower, one of life's highlights for me.
Climbing Partners
Jump to new posts Re: Denali West Buttress 2016 by werdna24 @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

I'm interested in joining. I attempted Denali this year, guided, but would love to do it next year unguided. I'm also a teacher so I'd be willing to start anytime starting late May. Unfortunately I live out in rural Alaska so I probably won't be ab
Mount Rainier NP
Nice - looks like an awesome climb. On my list for next year.
North Cascades
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] 7FJ, Fernow, and Maude + heli rescue - 6/27/2015 by JonathanToner @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Someone pmed me for more info about climbing the trio, and I thought my reply might be useful for others too: I went with an ice axe, running shoes, and crampons, along with the necessary overnight gear. The guy who fell from 7FJ had micro spikes,
North Cascades
Jump to new posts Bonanza Peak Conditions? by Alexander TG @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Wondering if anyone has been up the Mary Greene Glacier route in the past few weeks and can give me an idea of what to expect. Is the glacier still filled in and is the schrund crossable? Thinking about heading up there next week but don't want to ma
Climber's Board
Jump to new posts Re: REI buys Mountain Project by TwoFortyJeff @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

I can buy that. Backcountry created something of an online community and they are enjoying a lot of business. I would think the two are related. REI has said they want a strong web presence. Maybe they will find a way to incorporate the MP community
Newbies
Jump to new posts Re: First visit and first post by cakeo48 @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Mt rainier area would have the closest lodging, but it will be more expensive at least 120$, and there will be tons of people. If you don't want that, and are willing to drive longer to trailhead Mt St Helens area is where you want to go.
Newbies
Jump to new posts Re: Fitting mountaineering boots by cakeo48 @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

In most cases the synthetics will work better, but partial leather boots with a Goretex liner also work fine. A good example that's good for alpine and glacier travel would be the la Sportiva Nepal Evo Gtx. That might be a little much to start out wi
Climbing Partners
Jump to new posts WA pass 4th of July Weekend by EthanF @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I have Fri-Sun off. Looking for a partner for WA Pass, Squamish, or something Alpine. I am leading 5.9 and have gear.
British Columbia/Canada
Jump to new posts Re: Les Cornes access update? by Rad @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Don, we brought 2 ropes (new Fusion Photon 7.8s I picked up at MEC on the way) and they were essential for getting down the gully in one piece. The first three pitches of Sprung ... Erect were outstanding and should not be missed.
Rock Climbing Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old people suck by Rad @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: telemarker And grumpy too. Go ahead youth, just try asking me if I know what climb I'm about to do. Or if I know where Air Guitar is. I'd be more than happy to ignore you.... Don't miss a good sandbag opportunity!
© 2000-10 cascadeclimbers.com · Cookies · Board Rules · Mark all read ·