Buying Gear Online?

Use our price tool to find the best price on any piece or gear or clothing. Purchases using this tool support cc.com.

Supporting Sponsors

Pro Mountain Sports
UL Extreme Down. 5.7 oz

blank
Who's Online
4 registered (Bigolcamel, tvolk, 2 invisible), 59 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
27447 Members
50 Forums
100847 Topics
1147587 Posts

Max Online: 627 @ 12/18/06 12:02 AM
Top TR Contributors
ivan 118
KaskadskyjKozak 110
JasonG 103
tvashtarkatena 99
off_the_hook 90
danhelmstadter 88
wayne 77
AlpineK 73
telemarker 71
G-spotter 57
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Spray | Spray-free Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
North Cascades
Jump to new posts [TR] Forbidden Peak - West Ridge 7/18/2017 by alps @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Trip: Forbidden Peak - West Ridge Date: 7/18/2017 Trip Report: This trip report is from about a week ago, but as they isn't a more recent one, maybe it's still useful to get an idea about the conditions. Even though things are melting out fast...
Climbing Partners
Jump to new posts Moving to Yakima by tommybarker @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Hi all! I am moving to Yakima to start medical school in a couple of weeks. I am looking for some partners to climb. I don't climb particularly hard but my technical skills are up to snuff. My main goals are in the alpine realm but craging at Tiet
Columbia River Gorge
Jump to new posts Re: Beacon by stevetimetravlr @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

and so it begins..
North Cascades
Jump to new posts [TR] Dome Peak - Dome Glacier / NE Ridge 7/26/2017 by Jaime @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Trip: Dome Peak - Dome Glacier / NE Ridge Date: 7/26/2017 Trip Report: Jason and I climbed Dome Peak via the NE Ridge on our way through the Ptarmigan Traverse GPS Tracks from camp at White Rock Lakes to camp at Itswoot Ridge: https://www.gaiag
Spray
Jump to new posts Re: Where are they now?? by mneagle @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

We did Hannegan Pass to Easy Ridge. My partner had this great idea to skip the show mperfect impasse by taking a near vertical bushwhack route straight up to the ridge. Not recommended.
Climber's Board
Jump to new posts Re: Accident (Death) on Forbidden -- Details? by chris @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

She died rappelling off of the end of a rope, somewhere on the West Ridge, and her body was found in a 30' deep "crevasse", which was likely a moat or glide crack. Here's the link: LINK
The Gear Critic
Jump to new posts Re: Clogged MSR Whisperlite International by chris @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

After a cannister is empty, I'll leave it on a stove with the valve opened up to a make sure, then puncture it with an ice axe (either in the field or at home). Then I can crush it down with a rock or hammer - when its obviously crushed like this it
Rock Climbing Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Squamish Climbing by marc_leclerc @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

It is quite a bit busier than it used to be. The energy of the place is good though and you don't have to look to far outside the box to find quiet. Parking can be horrendous. Parking in town, or near the North Walls and riding a bike is often a nic
North Cascades
Nice! Thanks for the trip report!
North Cascades
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Ptarmigan Traverse - 7/25/2017 by alps @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Nice! Too bad you hit some mediocre weather in the midst of all this sunshine, but sounds like a good time still
The Yard Sale
Jump to new posts Scarpa Tech Ascent 42.5 mid approach shoes new by AntiqueLaser @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

brand new (with tags) Scarpa Tech Ascent 42.5 mid approach shoes that sadly are too big for me - $90 and I'll even ship them too you.
North Cascades
Jump to new posts [TR] Mount Formidable - South Face 7/21/2017 by Jaime @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Trip: Mount Formidable - South Face Date: 7/21/2017 Trip Report: Jason and I climbed Mount Formidable via the South Face on our way through the Ptarmigan Traverse GPS Tracks from Spider-Formidable col: https://www.gaiagps.com/public/2Y8CiNjYYGoF0R
Mount Rainier NP
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Attempted Rainier Circumnav 8-13 July 2017 by dave schultz @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

Day One Packing in the parking lot. View from just after dropping off from the trail to Muir. Ken and Andy crossing our first rock rib. Looking back across the Van Trump Glacier. Mountain Goats. Andy posing for the camera. Me
Olympic Peninsula
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Mt Deception & Others - Scrambles 7/23/2017 by bellows @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

It was damn near magical. I was weary from a long day and tedious rock but when I saw the Brocken Spectre it all melted away.
North Cascades
Jump to new posts Re: [TR] Depot Creek - South Face Redoubt 7/19/2017 by G-spotter @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: NCNP RangersTrip: Depot Creek - South Face Redoubt Date: 7/19/2017 Trip Report: Here is a link to a report from our recent patrol into the beautiful Depot Creek area, yes we do patrols there from time to time. North Cascad
North Cascades
Gotta love these long days of Summer! Way to trash and grab a lesser traveled peak.
© 2000-10 cascadeclimbers.com · Cookies · Board Rules · Mark all read ·