Is Jefferson still in?

E-Bum

Or is it done for the season? I've already bailed on doing Leuthold Couloir on Hood because it's become a landing strip for rocks... Now wondering about the Jeff Park Glacier route on Jeff if temps drop a little this weekend. Anyone have recent info?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We climbed the Jeff Park on the 4th. Excellent shape, top to bottom! The 'shrund is a bit nasty, but passable on the extreme right side. I would think it would still be in this weekend.

Summit is still mostly snow covered, and the Whitewater easy travel.

I was impressed, it is a really cool route.

You find a partner for Jeff, E-bum?

I am still asking around off-line but I am sure an odd-numbered group will be fine for this route.

Alex

Crap I only saw this now. Couldn't find a partner so made bikepacking plans instead and I'll try to take this Thursday and Friday off and do Jeff then. I'll hit you up for route info when you come back if you're heading up there!

• 1 month later...

Anybody been up Jeff lately? I am planning to try the South Ridge route sometime in the next week or two and was looking for some recent beta. Most of the info from this season has been from July and Early August so I was hoping for some more up to date info. The inevitable how's the traverse look? Is there much snow left up high? Any other useful info would be greatly appreciated.

Same as what recess said. We did the Jeff Park a bit more than 2 weeks ago as well (TR here). The ridge above Jeff Park was snow free. There was some snow/ice at the base of the summit pyramid for us, but was otherwise snow/ice free above. But if you're coming up the South ridge, you should not encounter this snow.

Have fun, and post a TR please :wave: .